PDA

View Full Version : Reign of Fire....

tokim021
Jul 18th, 2002, 11:31 PM
Man I just saw the movie and the special effects and al were good, but the plot just sucked ass... i give this movie 6/ 10 not recommended...

AudioBoxer
Jul 19th, 2002, 12:05 AM
Really it looked like a ok movie. UUHH Ohh well, I think the best movie out right now is Windtalkers!!! Go See it

Gadzoox
Jul 19th, 2002, 12:06 AM
The dragons weren't even real dragons!! They were 'Wyverns'!! Basically a dragon, but has no front arms, only wings and hind legs. Geez, they could have gotten that right at least!! Also I hate it when all the dragons, or wyverns, look exactly a like!! Dragons have different personalities and are smarter than that!!!

Heehee im such a nerd! ;)

The acting was very well done though, and I don't usually like Matthew Maconihe (whatever his name is) but I've got renewed respect for his acting abilities now! And Christian Bale is a cute! :)

That's my review!
Oh one more thing, I though it would have NO plot, but it did, even if it wasnt the best plot it was better than nothing!

Alright I'm done now.

Infernal Mass
Jul 19th, 2002, 12:12 AM
*applause* an excellent review by Gadzoox!!...quick, informative and straight to the point minus the spoilers.

Gadzoox
Jul 19th, 2002, 12:16 AM
Did I spoil something!?!?! Oh NOO!!! I'm sorry!!! :(

<<...but I got an applause! Shweet!!!>> :D

Infernal Mass
Jul 19th, 2002, 12:24 AM
not at all..i saw the movie already :)

i thought it was good...4.25/5 stars.

Gadzoox
Jul 19th, 2002, 12:28 AM
Oh yeah...heh im tired.. i though you'd said 'plus some spoilers!' instead of 'minus some spoilers!'

Ahh.. I need sleep. :zzz:

Killuminati
Jul 19th, 2002, 06:04 PM
i thought it was good...plot coulda used some work but it wasnt bad.

8/10

happy_doughnut
Jul 19th, 2002, 07:04 PM
It wasn't as good as I was hoping it would turn out to be.

The movie itself was very well shot and the dragons deserved a ' wow ' , but the plot was very lacking, though.

*spoiler... kinda o.O*
What made it bad, IMO, was the way the story didn't actually say why the dragons hibernated for those years nor why they awakened. I mean, it was just like " Puuf ! I'm here ! ROAR ! "

The actors needed a bit more *spice* since they didn't match up to the good quality of the dragons.
That, and the girls unexplainable access to lipstick were some bad stuff :P .

Still, it was pretty enjoyable for action movie fans. Not too good, but not that bad either.

Lost_myth
Jul 19th, 2002, 07:07 PM
I was really dissapointed with the dragons they should been around more. I dunno I expected more. All and all I do recommend it for 12 and younger. I give it a 7/10.

But I loved the characters and the dragon... Maybe if I watch it again... The should make the next movie with more force and a better plot. Opps there was a female that actually had a boy...time to rethink this... all the females protect him...there you go.