PDA

View Full Version : To like or not to like

Lost_myth
Jul 18th, 2002, 05:20 PM
So do you think dating a friend is good or bad? Why?

Have you ever liked one of your friends?

What would you do if one of your friends liked you but you didn't like them that way?

Got a story?

IcyMourdor
Jul 18th, 2002, 06:50 PM
I'd be all for it. I mean, you already know the person well. I have many friends I wouldn't mind going out with. Most local and some not so local. There are no worries when doing that. If things don't work it, so what, the girl will pull the famous "Lets just be friends" line and it'd be just like before.

007_JamesBond
Jul 18th, 2002, 08:58 PM
I have tried it, I mean I went out with one of my best friends and it did not last as long as I hoped but we are still good friends the same if not more than we were before we went out

AudioBoxer
Jul 18th, 2002, 08:59 PM
I mean if you guys are good anough friends and you both want to its fine just dont piss each other off

Lost_myth
Jul 18th, 2002, 09:01 PM
that's hilarious.

But what if they liked you and you didn't like em back? What would you do?

007_JamesBond
Jul 18th, 2002, 09:03 PM
I would kind of make hints to them, or I would hook them up with some one else, lol

Lost_myth
Jul 18th, 2002, 10:43 PM
lol... I'd run away. Cause I'm mean like that.

Lost_myth
Jul 19th, 2002, 11:12 AM
I understand what you're saying. lol... i don't know how, but I did.

Cannibal Clown
Jul 21st, 2002, 07:13 PM
Everyone here knows how i view the idea of going out with a good friend. All in all, i avoid it. The girl i'm in this terrible non existant relationship of mine that i really like, id rather not go out with.

I feel that relationships at m age are nonsence. Yuou know that it wont last, and in the end,when you do break up, there is going to be the unwanted tension between the old couple, and that good frind ship that they once had will not be the same anymore.

The friend ship i have with the two girls i like is far too strong to risk loosing it so that i can have the gratification and say that i'm going out with someone. So i try to get itno the kinda friend ship that would be strong enough so that i know that if i asked if she'd want to goout with me, she'd say yes, gladly say yes. Or maybe to the point where i'd be asked out, and i'd turn her down, but as nicly as possible, and give her my reasoning.

That's how i feel abut being with friends of mine at a certain level.

Lost_myth
Jul 21st, 2002, 08:55 PM
I understand what you are saying... And that is what I have agreed with.. Mostly about the part "not at my age." Well thanks for the comments.

Ruby Moon
Jul 25th, 2002, 05:49 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong in dating a friend if he/she's not with someone else :disturb:
I did it a couple of times, but it didn't go very well and the friendship was ruined, but I guess it's typical...

If I don't like a friend enough to date him but he likes me, I tell him, hoping he can understand.

Hylas
Jul 25th, 2002, 10:02 AM
If you want to keep the friendship safe, I don't think dating a friend is a good idea, but it could be only me, I don't know. Most of the times it happens that if the relationship goes wrong, you loose a friend too.

jjmoohead
Jul 25th, 2002, 10:19 AM
I personnaly am all for dating a friend. The way I work is to get to know someone through other people first, see them a few times hang out as a group and then one night get lucky because everyone else is busy and she is not so you see if she wants to do something. It leads into a date cause that first night is just a friends hanging out thing. It takes time but I would personally like to know the person before going out with someone you just are not compatible with for a while waisting chances with someone more your style.

If a friend likes me and I don't see her that way I will usually ignore it. Hopfully she doesn't think i know or I pretend like I don't know. If she brings the idea of going out thats when I talk to her and first tell her how great she is and what she means to me as a friend, and explain thats why I can't go out with her.

If there is a friend you like and she wants nothing to do with dating, don't give up. Don't harrass her, just call her sometime, she whats shes doing and see if she want to see a movie or something. After you hang out a few times, try and find girlfriend really fast. I tell you first hand that she may not like you now but nothing drives a person more towards you then when they can't have you.

Hope that helps.

Lost_myth
Jul 25th, 2002, 05:36 PM
It seems like this is an advice thing. I'm really not looking for any advice. I just want to hear your feelings on the subject.

In case nobody knows I'm a female and I would just like to tell everyone if you don't know for sure what gender someone is then please say he/she or girl/boy or girlfriend/boyfriend. It's a lot nicer.

jjmoohead
Jul 25th, 2002, 07:35 PM
ok i thought you were asking...

my opinion is that friends make the best couples. The hardest part is the first kiss. I mean unless you have that friendship that you can just kiss whenever just cause. (I have a friend like that) Its a little akward at first and in most cases you are able to work things out as friends if the relationship doesn't work out. At least thats my expierence.