PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to kill Bill Gates.

AsylumEscapee
Jul 18th, 2002, 01:37 PM
Im not sure If this has been posted before, but here it goes anyway. Straight from PS2Fantasy comes to us this article.

"Microsoft and Sega deal failed
According to Red Herring Online a special agreement between Microsoft and Sega has failed. It seems that Microsoft contacted Sega in the first quarter of the year to buy a controlling stake in Sega, which should have used the cash to acquire Square.

While it's not sure why the agreement failed, Red Herring online reported as a possibile cause Microsoft's project to make of Square a developer of exclusives for Xbox. A move that with 30 million Playstation 2 units and just 4 million Xbox units sold worldwide would have cost Square too much."

I once posted my opinion on how Microsoft is really screwing gamers. They wanted Halo, so they bought Bungie. Then they plan to release another machine only 4 years after the first, forcing everyone to put their console making on haste. But this is too much.. Too much. They're trying to take Final Fantasy, and Xenosaga away from me.

Infernal Mass
Jul 18th, 2002, 01:55 PM
just get an xbox..so then you don't have to stress over anything. it's not a complete waste of money like alot of people say..i got one on the 1st of July and can't stop playing it.

Hadoken
Jul 18th, 2002, 02:02 PM
erm.. isnt xenosaga from monolith? its not developerd by square..

Infernal Mass
Jul 18th, 2002, 02:03 PM
that's correct Namco published Xenosaga.

AsylumEscapee
Jul 18th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Oh.. I looked at Xenogears case, it said Squaresoft, and I just assumed. Well, what I said still stands. Oh and some people cant blow off 200 bucks like its nothing.. ok?

Isnt anyone else deeply, deeply offended by Microsoft trying to buy Squaresoft?

Infernal Mass
Jul 18th, 2002, 02:09 PM
:sarcasm: offended!?

It's buisness.

AsylumEscapee
Jul 18th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Havent a bunch of people been trying to bring Microsoft down in courts because of this monopoly thing?

Buisness or not, it still sucks. Come on! Theyre trying to take FF away from PSX! Be angry, you bastards.

Infernal Mass
Jul 18th, 2002, 02:18 PM
that has to do with it's operating systems i think.(windows)

AsylumEscapee
Jul 18th, 2002, 02:23 PM
Yeah, and now theyre moving on to consoles.

Hadoken
Jul 18th, 2002, 03:38 PM
hmmz.. MS buying out developers now. i guess if they buy most everyone, we could just accuse it of being a monopoly again.