PDA

View Full Version : turok fan sets world record

Vic Viper
Jul 18th, 2002, 12:25 AM
"Someone will attempt to break the world record for the amount of time spent waiting in line for a game.

On July 18, UK resident Jason Read will begin his attempt to break a world record. He wants to hold the record for the longest amount of time spent waiting in line for a computer game. The 25-year-old, who will wait for the game Turok Evolution from Acclaim, wants to break the record by a massive 20 days. Acclaim, known for its sometimes daring PR moves, has promised to help. "When we heard about Jason's attempt to get into the record books by queuing for one of our games, we felt that we had to support him," said Shaun White, PR manager at Acclaim. "We sincerely hope that by providing him with some of our other games, the next 50 days will fly by."

"I've been a huge fan of the Turok series and was excited to see that a fourth game is being released later in the year," Read said. "This gave me the perfect excuse to make my record-breaking queuing attempt, and I'm fully committed to going all the way."
By Axel Strohm, GameSpot VG [POSTED: 07/15/02]"

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

AsylumEscapee
Jul 18th, 2002, 01:32 AM
I dont know where this man lives, but im pretty sure he must have access to a pre-ordering service of some sort. Either way, I dont think the demand for Turok, of all games, will be greater than the supply. Seems to me that setting a record for waiting 20 days for a game that you should be able to get in 30 minutes isnt something to be proud of. I smell Acclaims invisible hands. Publicity stunt, says I.

Macceh^
Jul 18th, 2002, 02:33 AM
aye turok isnt an overly popular game, and besides its kind of an easy record to beat, someone could just come along and wait 21 days for example.

Seems kind of silly to me. Maybe for say a next gen console it would of been more apropriate.

Mercury Shadow
Jul 18th, 2002, 08:59 AM
That guy's pretty cool... Hell, I'd do it for Zelda.... but, doesn't he have a job??

RobHardo
Jul 18th, 2002, 09:07 AM
I'd do it for Grand theft auto vice city, but i don't need to i have a reserved copy:roll: