PDA

View Full Version : Slipknot or Mushroomhead??

AudioBoxer
Jul 16th, 2002, 10:17 PM
I dont know if any of you guys listen to metal or know whats going on with mushroomhead and slipknot if you do who do you think copied who??

I think Mushroomhead copied slipknot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AsylumEscapee
Jul 16th, 2002, 10:51 PM
Mushroomhead copied Slipknot. Doesnt really bother me though, theyre not EXACTLY the same. I think a whole lawsuit thing happened a while ago. I think. I havent really heard that much from Mushroomhead, so Slipknots still my choice for heavy, heavy metal.

AudioBoxer
Jul 16th, 2002, 10:54 PM
Slipknot is the best!!!!!!!!

But if you have ever listened to a couple of slipknot songs then mushroomhead songs they are totally different..

But anyways check out my friends band at www.ilovelastminute.com

AsylumEscapee
Jul 16th, 2002, 11:26 PM
Slipknot IS the best, your friend isnt. Theyre ok, i guess. Dont really like the vocals, though. Plus its more of the same pop/punk, its been done.

Mercury Shadow
Jul 16th, 2002, 11:34 PM
Ok, first of all you guys need to research before you say a band copied another. Mushroomhead came out around the same time, maybe even earlier than Slipknot with their mask idea. So no one copied no one. The whole mask crap is just a gimmick anyway... their music sounds totally different.

Second of all, both bands have a good live show but Slipknot's show is better. Slipknot has really gone downhill from MFKR and S/T... They sold out and are on MTV all the time. What hypocrites. but Mushroomhead's vocalist pisses me off because he sounds like he whines more than sings.

So to recap, they both suck and real metal reigns supreme.

AudioBoxer
Jul 16th, 2002, 11:50 PM
LOL its cool with me that you dont like me I am just trying to support them, Yes I would know I am one of the most hardcore Slipknot fan, Yes I am a magget

AsylumEscapee
Jul 16th, 2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
Ok, first of all you guys need to research before you say a band copied another. Mushroomhead came out around the same time, maybe even earlier than Slipknot with their mask idea. So no one copied no one. The whole mask crap is just a gimmick anyway... their music sounds totally different.

Second of all, both bands have a good live show but Slipknot's show is better. Slipknot has really gone downhill from MFKR and S/T... They sold out and are on MTV all the time. What hypocrites. but Mushroomhead's vocalist pisses me off because he sounds like he whines more than sings.

So to recap, they both suck and real metal reigns supreme.

First of all, I hate it when idiots start hating bands just because they made it to MTV. Second of all, Im not gonna start researching just to post. Third of all, Slipknot rules, ask anyone. They have a unique style and their music is wicked, nothing else matters. And forth, Mushroomhead copied Slipknot.

Mercury Shadow
Jul 17th, 2002, 07:44 PM
I never said Slipknot was bad just because they go on MTV... the fact that they said "**** mtv" and in interviews vowed that they would never go on MTV... then they do. They're hypocrites. And I never said you had to go research everything before you post... but you can't state stuff that's wrong! That's how rumors start, just like this one. And why would I wanna ask someone if slipknot rules? It's called an opinion, and asking my friends how cool they are isn't gonna change what i think.

AsylumEscapee
Jul 17th, 2002, 10:24 PM
They dont suck just because you dont like them. "I think they suck" is an opinion. "they both suck and real metal reigns supreme" is just an insult.

Mercury Shadow
Jul 17th, 2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by AsylumEscapee
They dont suck just because you dont like them.

Alright, well, that's called an opinion and just because I say they suck doesn't mean they suck in your mind. What, do you think everyone on this forum says, "Oh, Merc hates Slipknot so now we all must hate them." What are you, a nazi? Thinking no one can speak their mind?

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 17th, 2002, 10:36 PM
Slipknot rules, ask anyone.
I'm anyone......They don't rule.
Mushroomhead copied Slipknot.
Hmmm...a band in costume. How original. Ever hear of a little rock group called KISS ? :sarcasm:

AsylumEscapee
Jul 18th, 2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow

Alright, well, that's called an opinion and just because I say they suck doesn't mean they suck in your mind. What, do you think everyone on this forum says, "Oh, Merc hates Slipknot so now we all must hate them." What are you, a nazi? Thinking no one can speak their mind?

Ugh, I thought I was clear on that. If theres a band that plays a genre I dont like, I dont yell out "OH they suck!!" Slipknot does what they do best.

And Sleazy, comparing Slipknot to KISS... not cool.

Ugh, too much garbage. they're music is good, everything else doesnt matter. Im done.

Mercury Shadow
Jul 18th, 2002, 08:55 AM

Ugh, I thought I was clear on that. If theres a band that plays a genre I dont like, I dont yell out "OH they suck!!" Slipknot does what they do best.

The thread said "Slipknot or Mushroomhead"... I was just saying who I thought was best... neither! But I'm sorry Asylum, I'll never post in a thread that you post in ever again. ;)

And like Sleazy said... who cares who copied who! Wearing jump suits and masks is just a gimmick.

RobHardo
Jul 18th, 2002, 08:58 AM
you can understand them???!!! all i here is ra ra ra ra ra die ra ra ra ra ra and other weird sounds maybe its me maybe i'm not a metalhead, thats probably it, metalhead as in hardcore o fmetal not dissin you all who like em

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 18th, 2002, 09:47 AM
And Sleazy, comparing Slipknot to KISS... not cool.
I think you misinterpreted my point. I was pointing out the fact that nothing is original anymore.

Mercury Shadow
Jul 18th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

I think you misinterpreted my point. I was pointing out the fact that nothing is original anymore.

Agreed. We need more people taking chances in the music industry... like Opeth. They're completly original.

AudioBoxer
Jul 18th, 2002, 10:06 PM
yes I agree with that totaly. I have tickets to the Anger Managment Tour, its all rap exepct Papa Roach and that was the only reason I was gunna go, but I just found out that they are doing covers for Dr.Dre and 2 Pac, so that kills it all