PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy Bebop marathon

Cannibal Clown
Jul 15th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Next Week (Saturday) Cartoon Network will be airing a Cowboy Bebop marathon with "6 of the best episodes of Cowboy Bebop back to back."

If you don't own the series yet, i suggest you watch it. I'm not sure which episodes will be shown, but six back to back is cool.

And for some more upcomming cowboy bebop news...

Central Park Media representatives confirmed at last weekend's Anime Expo convention that the Big Apple Anime Fest, scheduled for the upcoming Labor Day weekend, will host the American premiers of Satoshi Kon's Millennium Actress, the English language dub of the Cowboy Bebop movie, and AD Vision's American debut of Princess Blade

merylsilverburg
Jul 17th, 2002, 03:07 AM
Alright! Finally....news on the dub version of Cowboy Bebop Knockin' On Heaven's Door. I've been waiting for news or information on it and I'm finally glad to hear that they are going to go through with it. I just hope they bring back the same voice actors as in the series. Otherwise, I'm just going to get the fansubbed. Thanks for the info, Cannibal. :)

Cannibal Clown
Jul 17th, 2002, 10:41 AM
Yes, this is one of the few animes where i enjoy the english dubs better than the original japanese voices. Some of the best overall voices ever. I wish i could find out who the entire cast is for the movie, hoping that they kept the same voice actors.

RobHardo
Jul 17th, 2002, 10:43 AM
awesome bro i am totally gunna watch that biatch

merylsilverburg
Jul 17th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
Yes, this is one of the few animes where i enjoy the english dubs better than the original japanese voices. Some of the best overall voices ever. I wish i could find out who the entire cast is for the movie, hoping that they kept the same voice actors.

I know. The English dub is really good and I would've never seen this series if someone hadn't recommended it to me, saying that CB had the best English cast. Even though I don't know the names, I know what other animes these two voice actors did:

Spike Spiegel: The voice actor is the same guy who did Roger Smith's voice in The Big O. He's also the same actor who does Tom, the little "Toonami" robot/guy. I don't know his real name because he has two different names, both of which weren't really confirmed, so no one really knows who this guy is. But, his voice is definitely made for dubbing anime.

Faye Valentine: The voice actor is Wendee Lee. She's the same one who does the dub version of Umi from Magic Knight Rayearth, she did Yui from Fushigi Yuugi, and she was the "friend" of the main character in Perfect Blue. She does a lot more, but I don't remember them all.

As for Ed and Jet....I have no idea who they are. :P

Cannibal Clown
Jul 17th, 2002, 01:37 PM
I've heard jet in a couple other animes, can't think of em though. Oh well. But i never realized that Tom from the toonami thingy was the same voice as roger and Spike. That's a total mind blower to me.

I do know Faye's japanese voice really well though. Megumi Hayashibara. She one of my favorite japanese musical artists. Right up there with Maaya Sakamoto, and Ayumi Hamasaki. She doea the songs for Slayers, Evangelion, All Purpous Cultural Cat Nuku Nuku, Saber Marionette J, and some others.

merylsilverburg
Jul 17th, 2002, 01:49 PM
I read somewhere that the role of Faye was actually Megumi's more serious and dramatic role, since she's always done silly and high-pitched voices for some other animes (I think Sailormoon was one?). It's really interesting too, because her voice for the Japanese version of CB was really good too.

I found out about the guy of Spike, Tom, and Roger from this Big O forum, where they're all nuts about The Big O and that's where I got my info. I know, it blew my mind too when I found out about Tom, but in a way, he did sound familiar, so I wasn't too surprised.

Cannibal Clown
Jul 17th, 2002, 02:02 PM
I know, immediatly after i read that post of yours, i recognised the voice of Tom and i was like, "Oh wow, it is the same voice, holy sh*t!"

But i can be easily amusied. My slow 56k brain can't compute those real complex thoughts and ideas, so the simple things really get to me.

Kahlan
Jul 22nd, 2002, 12:24 AM
*shrug* I thought they had officially decided not to dub it. Guess they changed their minds.