PDA

View Full Version : War Movies

AudioBoxer
Jul 14th, 2002, 07:33 PM
What is your fav war movie???

Mine is probably 1 bridge 2 far, it is a classic but the most realistic about vietnam and probably the most realistic of all the war movies.
Action wise mine is Saving Private Ride.
Story line wise is Thin Red Line

Sid554
Jul 14th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Are you refering to "A Bridge too Far"? If so, that film was set in the Netherlands during WWII, not Vietnam. Is also my favorite war movie.

AudioBoxer
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:01 PM
no there is a war movie called 1 bridge 2 far the place is set in Vietnam It is really old. One of the first war movies ever made

Sid554
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:32 PM
One of the first war movies ever made was made in the 1960's(the time of the Vietnam War)? I don't think so. Seems to me there have been older war movies than that.

AudioBoxer
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:43 PM
Dude trust me if I can find something on it I will, It is Black and White very old school. Very good movie. When my uncle told me that we gunna watch a movie called 1 Bridge 2 Far I thought it was Bridge to far but it was different

Gadzoox
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:49 PM
My fav would have to be 'Saving Private Ryan'. Yeah yeah, I know that's everyone's favourite but I cried like a baby through most of it. (Is that a good thing though?)

I don't much fancy war movies most (all) of the time. I know war is a big part of our lives but do we really need to be recreating it so freakin' much?! I mean, most war movies focus on a few people, shows them going to war, having someone close to them die, they kill a lot of people, then they either die themselves, or go home. I'm sick of real war and I find it extremely useless and primal. I really don't want to be seeing it played out in front of me. I know it was harsh, lots of people died and war has ruined many peoples lives. I know it has also helped our (Canadian society anyway) lives. BUT if we all just could get along nicely in the first place we wouldn't have to worry about it anyway. Mass murdering sucks. :disgust:
I also know it's always gonna happen and there's really nothing I can do but complain about the movies. :phew:

That's my 0.02 cents. Toss it away or keep it, I really don't care.

BlackThornn
Jul 14th, 2002, 11:24 PM
Braveheart.

..what? Not all war movies have to be about something americans participated in them, do they?

Sid554
Jul 15th, 2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by TrikTopz
Dude trust me if I can find something on it I will, It is Black and White very old school. Very good movie. When my uncle told me that we gunna watch a movie called 1 Bridge 2 Far I thought it was Bridge to far but it was different

I don't mean to be difficult here, but what you're saying just doesn't make any sense. If the film is in b+w and is as old as you say it is, it can't possibly be about Vietnam. That was the point I was trying to make originally.

Sid554
Jul 15th, 2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by BlackThornn
Braveheart.

..what? Not all war movies have to be about something americans participated in them, do they?

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of Braveheart as a war movie for precisely that reason. It is, after all, based on actual events in history.

The Rhythmosaur
Jul 15th, 2002, 09:53 PM
To Soldier James Ryan (that´s the german title) I add The boat (U96) and a very old one, Tobruk.

AudioBoxer
Jul 15th, 2002, 10:37 PM
its a old movie but they made it after nam and then they put it in black and white so it looked like they filmed it on the spot. But newest war best movie is Windtalkers!!!!!!!!