PDA

View Full Version : Best rpg gameplay and storyline

kamari-ice
Jul 14th, 2002, 05:16 PM
I definitely think that Chrono Cross has both.
I really liked that game!
Which is the best game with good gameplay and storyline.

IcyMourdor
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:02 PM
I'm not gonna vote quite yet. We need to put some more options up there then just those. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Put a couple more options up there from what I heard are popular choices. I myself voted for Lunar. That series has probably my favorite storyline out of all RPGs.

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 14th, 2002, 10:08 PM
Well if Cross is an option then Trigger should be as well because in my opinion Chrono Trigger blows Cross out of the water story wise...Chrono Cross was a great game and the battle system was very unique but I thought the story was lacking and it always left you questioning until the very end when they seem to bowl you over with all of the answers. I love the idea of time travel and Crono finding allies in all of the different time periods...so Trigger wins...

But I went way off topic so I will say that the best story is going to Xenogears...very detailed and was never dull.

And best gameplay will go to Grandia 2...that battle system was so intense...that story lacked so much but that crazy battle system kept me playing!

Macceh^
Jul 16th, 2002, 02:19 AM
Storyline Final Fantasy 10 it was really emotional and had me gripped to the seat, also gameplay wise it also wins imo as the amount of sub quests to do and the general feel of the game was just outstanding even if it was a little linear.

Although I cant really judge out of that list as I've only played ff10 and Chrono Cross from it.

AsylumEscapee
Jul 16th, 2002, 09:15 PM
Everquest doesnt really have a story. Well, it does, but no one pays attention to it.