PDA

View Full Version : First Person Shooter Expectations

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 31st, 2002, 08:06 PM
What do you want to see in a new fps if they made one.Would you want more story elements,more multiplayer,etc.Just what would you want

Mercury Shadow
Feb 1st, 2002, 02:51 PM
I'd love to have a FPS set during world war 2 and you're a jewish sniper. Your family has all been killed and you want revenge. the end level you have to snipe hilter :)

I usually don't use multiplayer, just story mode. Story elements definitely make any game great... what kind of story does timesplitters have? Not much, and I don't really like that game.

x157anz
Feb 1st, 2002, 04:27 PM
It would be cool if there was a western FPS with all the western guns and stuff :)

JC Denton
Feb 1st, 2002, 04:53 PM
i like the idea of being able to go up levels on a fps i mean like get exp and then it is easier to hit somone. i loved the idea of being able to slow down time matrix style. and i love it when a plot twists and you find yourself tricked all along, a good storyline would be one where you are a guy and get screwed by the goverment, who go after you for some reason, and you eventualy find out some really cool secret ect.
i would like it if somone combined all of those things,
i also would rather being able to see the whole of the character rather than just the gun, it is less realistic but adds a whole new perspective to the game.

Mercury Shadow
Feb 1st, 2002, 08:25 PM
JC,
sounds like you're talking all about max payne! bullet time/get screwed/third person shooter instead of 1st person.

Max payne's bullet time is *****in, but mostly because you can dive and all while slowing down time.

Still, I'd play your game anyday :)

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 1st, 2002, 08:36 PM
I would like something were you would be mercenary and you would get paid for getting rid of people then throughout the missions you could use the money to by new weapons and stuff like that

MakgSnake
Feb 1st, 2002, 10:52 PM
I'd Want The Capability Of Picking Anything And HITTING It To The Other Person!.! Like If I See A Cup....I Should Be ABLE To Pick It Up.....And First THROW The Hot Coffee At The Person And Then Smash The CUP On His Head!.! And Also Want A Multiplayer Where One GUY Drives The CAR....And The Other Person SHOOTS Out The People..(Enemies, Not Civilians)

As For Nanjij's Idea......I Think.....GunSlinger Is Coming Soon on PS2. I Am not Too Sure If Its FPS But Its All About Western Guns And All!.!

And As For SSSnake Idea.....That Sounds Pretty Cool......Like HitMan. I Think......!....... :)

Spirit
Feb 2nd, 2002, 03:37 AM
probably more ppl be able to play it at the same time, a lot of character/weapons/levels... Also it should have new innovative modes so it won't get boring quickly

Mercury Shadow
Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:04 AM
I love SSSnake's hitman idea, and also Makg's coffee and 2 player car ideas are great!

We all should make games! PS2 Fantasy games inc.

MakgSnake
Feb 2nd, 2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
I love SSSnake's hitman idea, and also Makg's coffee and 2 player car ideas are great!

We all should make games! PS2 Fantasy games inc.
LOL!!..Yeah That Would Be Great......Just That We Dont Have Enough Money To Actually CREAT IT!.! :D :(

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 3rd, 2002, 04:45 AM
Yeah we should start a development company

Cannibal Clown
Feb 8th, 2002, 08:20 PM
I'd like to play a game where you shrink yourself to the size of a clump of dust, or maybe a small rock and you have to go into a whole bunch of ant holes and blow em up with a bunch of weapons that are convieniently down there. You first go after ants, followed by the queen, along with dragon flies that swoop from the ground and you can jump into small planes and kick their asses. Go after giant cockroaches and watch out for the dog and the launmower.

I'd play it.

BowevelJoe
Feb 8th, 2002, 10:54 PM
sounds like Honey I shrunk the kids and convieniantly layed out itty bitty weapons of mass destruction around the yard. It was a bad movie, i found it extremely lacking...lol

Smokey Mcpot
Feb 20th, 2002, 12:01 PM
More lvls and more weapons can never hurt. Plus they make some of em rediculously hard ya know? that pisses me off sometimes. When a boss is so hard i stop playing the game.

Harry
Feb 21st, 2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
I'd like to play a game where you shrink yourself to the size of a clump of dust, or maybe a small rock and you have to go into a whole bunch of ant holes and blow em up with a bunch of weapons that are convieniently down there. You first go after ants, followed by the queen, along with dragon flies that swoop from the ground and you can jump into small planes and kick their asses. Go after giant cockroaches and watch out for the dog and the launmower.

I'd play it.

Something like that was in Medievil :)
BTW, Medievil was not a FPS.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 21st, 2002, 10:16 PM
I like any first person shooter with a i link mode.So you could play through with friends or have some team baised elements like Counter strike