PDA

View Full Version : Will PS2 online survive??

AudioBoxer
Jul 12th, 2002, 12:10 AM
Will it?

Sid554
Jul 12th, 2002, 12:25 AM
If there are good games to play on it, then yes I believe it will.

Serj
Jul 12th, 2002, 07:24 AM
I doubt it. Cuzz I don't think there well established for the online gaming genre. But they do have worthwhile online games such as SOCOM: Navy Seals, .hack (Dot Hack), and Final Fantasy XI of course and a couple of other good games.

I'm going for XBOX live this October though.

Theres also the HDD thing and the add-on fee's that kind of turn me off.

AudioBoxer
Aug 6th, 2002, 01:35 PM
LOL I was just looking back on some old posts in the past, and I remebered this one that I posted .

Serj what are you thinking, PS2 will probably be the only console to survive, and maybe Gamecube if it has some good titles. Dreamcast did good up until october 2000 when you started to have to pay to play with sega net. Then nobody play DC online anymore. The same goes with XBox, you have to pay to play monthly, which is hella gay.

Cannibal Clown
Aug 6th, 2002, 01:40 PM
It'll only make it if the online games are worth while. So I went with good titles.

kupoartist
Aug 6th, 2002, 01:42 PM
don't you pay monthly for PS2 online? or is that just for games like FFXI?
anyways... you could be right about X-Box - that vital japanese market looks awful bad : Its the worst selling next gen console: IT SELLS LESS THAN THE WONDERSWAN CRYSTAL :laugh:

AsylumEscapee
Aug 6th, 2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by the_artist
don't you pay monthly for PS2 online? or is that just for games like FFXI?
anyways... you could be right about X-Box - that vital japanese market looks awful bad : Its the worst selling next gen console: IT SELLS LESS THAN THE WONDERSWAN CRYSTAL :laugh:
MMORPGs will have a monthly fee. You can play most other games free of charge, just plug it in to your existing connection, be it a phone line, or a cable modem. (I have cable :cool:)

I dont see why it wouldnt survive. All you need is a network adapter, Im getting one, and Im sure plenty of you will too.

Sid554
Aug 6th, 2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by AsylumEscapee
I dont see why it wouldnt survive. All you need is a network adapter, Im getting one, and Im sure plenty of you will too.

At $40, why shouldn't you? It's a pretty good deal for what you get.

Ice Cold
Aug 6th, 2002, 10:30 PM
An easy to install adapter and Twisted Metal Black Online! It's a GREAT deal.

jjmoohead
Aug 7th, 2002, 01:00 AM
Ya you look at it like this

I buy Twisted Metal Black Online and I get a free adaptor to play the game

or

Wow for $40 i get the adaptor and a free game

or

Sweet $20 for a an adaptor and #20 for a online game that kicks bum

ToulaPich
Aug 7th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Whether online gaming will survive or not depends on the gamers themselves. If they don't wanna pay to play that's fine, because all of Sony's online games will be free.

I'm more concerned about games like FFXI and Everquest because you need to pay, and everyone knows that console gamers chose consoles because the price of owning a gaming system is quite cheap when compared to maintaining a computer and upgrading every few months to play the latest and greatest.

I'm not sure if i'm goin' online this month or the next or this year. I'm sure however that Sony's online plans are very well planned out. Remember this online thing can make or break Sony's dominance.

Jon27
Aug 7th, 2002, 02:03 PM
i think it will survive, the PS2 is too widly owned for it to flop

AudioBoxer
Aug 7th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Ya it is true but the online genre for DC died as soon as online came out. Socom is gunna rule though, what would be sweet is MOH online!!!