PDA

View Full Version : Website services

Harry
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Hi all,

your ol'Harry is here again to ask your suggestions. Let me know if there is something that usually makes you come back to a website. A comment system, screenshots, guides, Q&A, or something like that.

Please exclude downloads of movies or similars, since nowadays they require pay services because of high costs of bandwidth!

Just suggest, and let's see if there is something that everybody wants to see on a gaming site.

Mercury Shadow
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:09 PM
Lotsa good, intelligent, constant reviews.

RobHardo
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:24 PM
I like websites with good forums, such as ps2fantasy, or WXEO

Spank-A-Thon
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Harry
Hi all,

your ol'Harry is here again to ask your suggestions. Let me know if there is something that usually makes you come back to a website. A comment system, screenshots, guides, Q&A, or something like that.

Please exclude downloads of movies or similars, since nowadays they require pay services because of high costs of bandwidth!

Just suggest, and let's see if there is something that everybody wants to see on a gaming site. The thing that makes me return to (and keep on visiting) web-sites is content. But it also has to be changing content - i.e. regularly updated.

Compare the web-site for Honda Cars with that of BBC News. One visit is enough for the Honda site as the majority of content is static - whereas on the BBC News site, there is nearly always something new as it's constantly changing. Hazard a guess as to which site gets the more repeat hits...

I'm not suggesting you need content updated hourly or anything (!!!) but changing content is the key for me. I don't want to re-visit a site if the content hasn't changed in some time...

Now whether this content is Q&A, reviews, reader reviews or articles or whatever is irrelevant. As long as I have something new to read each day I'm a happy camper.

But then again Harry, you probably realise this already!

- S

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Have you ever thought of running contests to attract members? You know "win a game guide" or something. Maybe you can convince someone to toss you some freebies.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:59 PM
Constant Reviews,release dates,a holiday buying guide (a select of games the editors think that will be good).Game of the year awards.etc

Ice Cold
Jul 11th, 2002, 10:24 PM
More Reviews, Cheats, Release Dates, and Gaming News.