PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever played "Star Ocean: The Second Story"?

Lava42000
Jul 10th, 2002, 10:16 AM
This game is really tight. My all time favorite is FF7, Then comes Star ocean, that all other FF games are tied. But Star ocean is one of the coolest games ever. If you have never played it i would suggest going out and buying it. Since the last time i played it (last summer) my game clock was at about 230 hours, this game never gets old and has so many challenges and things to do. Th graphics suck, but the battle system is sweet because u can cantrol your movement and stuff freely and how fast u attack is how fast u can hit the attack button!! well i was just wonderin if anyone has ever played it?;)

happy_doughnut
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Ah, I remember playin' it. At least, I think it was that one :right: . It was for the PSX, right ?

I thought that game itself was very good. I liked the way it had multiple endings. Heh, there was this little song... when you were running away on a train or something ( in the beginning ), and it was so hilarious ! I remember re-playing that part just to listen to the song ! It's a shame I didn't have a MC back then. I always had to re-start from the beginning every time ( I only rented the game ) . I think I missed out on a good game >.< ''

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 11th, 2002, 02:57 AM
Dammit...there are so many classic RPG's that I've yet to play and this game is puttin me back farther...I've never seen it in stores though...but I'll look again

Lava42000
Jul 11th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Yea, I never really thought there were that many copies of the game because i saw a commercial for it then the next day i was at the mall with my mom, except i was broke off my ass and i asked the guy at the EB and he said they only had three copies and one was reserved so i was like "mom, your buyin me this game woman or im never talkin to u again," it works everytime;)

Evil Parrot
Jul 12th, 2002, 03:09 AM
I've not played it yet but I'm looking to get a hold of a copy but its hard to get in the UK. I'll just need to keep checking e-bay I suppose....

Lava42000
Jul 12th, 2002, 11:03 AM
Don't UK Playstations play US games? well i suppose even if they did you probably only have pounds huh?

Evil Parrot
Jul 19th, 2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Lava42000
Don't UK Playstations play US games?

I'd rather get the UK version, my TV is fickle when it comes to NTSC signals.

Dirty_harry
Jul 26th, 2002, 08:54 PM
I traded my a psx memory card 4 so2:tss to my dumbass friend its cool as hell. I got 65 endings and 15 to go. I really recommend diz game

mer1in20
Aug 24th, 2002, 06:24 AM
star ocean: second story=outstanding game.

Soul Angel
Aug 29th, 2002, 04:39 PM
I remember renting it out once and I thought it was a pretty good game though I never got round to finishing it :heh:

I would like to get it but it is a really rare and hard to find game over here in the UK

IcyMourdor
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:01 AM
I think it was made around 1999, correct me if I'm wrong. I find myself playing it once in a while, but not too much recently. Good game, but the music could have been better.

pegasustonans
Sep 16th, 2002, 01:59 AM
Great newer classic of the genre. I especially enjoy the character development.