PDA

View Full Version : Dead or Alive 4 announced today

Infernal Mass
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:22 AM
Tecmo to Release `Dead or Alive 4' Next Year, President Says
By Hiroshi Suzuki and Yoshifumi Takemoto

Tokyo, July 10 (Bloomberg) -- Tecmo Ltd., maker of the best- selling ``Dead or Alive'' series of video software, plans to release the latest version of the action game next year.

The new game will be a sequel to ``Dead or Alive 3,'' the martial arts fighting game released exclusively for Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox game console. Tecmo hasn't decided which console the sequel will be designed for as it is still in early development, President Junji Nakamura said in an interview.

``Dead or Alive 3'' is the best-selling Xbox game in Japan and has sold more than 1 million copies worldwide, a level regarded as a blockbuster in the video-game industry. The company supplied ``Dead or Alive 2'' for Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 2, and switched to Xbox because of that machine's better graphics.

``It's too early to say which game console the game will be for,'' Nakamura said. ``We are an independent game software developer, and we are not committed to one particular game-console maker.''

Sony's PlayStation 2 dominates the $20 billion industry with more than 30 million sales. Microsoft and its Xbox are now competing against Nintendo Co.'s GameCube console for bragging rights as the world's second-largest video-game maker.

Microsoft planned to sell as many as 4 million Xbox consoles worldwide by the end of last month. Nintendo planned to sell 12 million GameCubes in the year ending March.

linkage (http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?T=marketsquote99_news.ht&s=APSuHUxSBVGVjbW8g)

Beretta55
Jul 10th, 2002, 07:09 AM
awsome!!!! i wonder what new people will be in it? put ein in it or i will get pissed!!!:frust: but i cant wait for this one.

Infernal Mass
Jul 10th, 2002, 11:38 AM
that lisa chick is supposed to introduced as a new character in DOAXBV..i'm guessing she'll be kicking asses in part 4. i wonder what style she'll have. i think the doa series needs come Capoeira in it.

Beretta55
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:08 PM
why not steal some files from nambo and put eddy in it? eddy was pretty cool in the seris. back on topic they need a more oraginal person all the others where copyed from fighters long ago put someone in the game that will be remembered for.

Infernal Mass
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:11 PM
yeah they need some more original characters, they also need to bring back the age setting to control the bounce effect of those wonderous tatas.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jul 13th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Well the game might not even start out on xbox read this article (http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=3422)

Beretta55
Jul 13th, 2002, 07:38 PM
dosent matter what system it is cause i have all 3.

Infernal Mass
Jul 14th, 2002, 03:10 AM
i hope Tecmo decides to go multiplatform with 4, this series should be enjoyed by all.