PDA

View Full Version : Bryce 5

kamari-ice
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:25 PM
http://www.dvdirect.com/images/box/COR3002_med.gif The most outstanding software, for a cheap price.
(Retail price : $309.00 download price : $99.00)
Features
Textured terrain export through real-time multi-resolution Export Lab

Converts Bryce terrains into mesh objects for export in all popular 3D file formats
Texture maps at any resolution can be generated and saved in a variety of image formats
Terrain mesh density is fully user adjustable
Real-time textured preview provides instant visual feedback
Interactive movie previewing system

Quickly generate thumbnail previews of your animations
Preview animations directly within Bryce
Navigate through your animation using a storyboard-style interface

Create stunning skies with the tools available in the Sky Lab

Control all sky attributes using the cool, new Sky Lab room
Preview skies quickly with the built-in preview screen
Control animatable properties with the easily accessible timeline controls
Take hold of the advanced volume sky controls for incredible realism
New sky features include spherical clouds and sun-cloud shading effects
Hundreds of megabytes of content to explore

Scene files, models, materials, texture libraries, sky presets, objects to import, animation paths, movies and lots more

Source: dvdirect (http://www.dvdirect.com/Prods/COR/3002.htm) ,price <dvdirect> (http://www.dvdirect.com/TSS/charts/Landscape.htm)

I like this software, and it can work on my WIN mE to.
It looks awesome

kamari-ice
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Does anyone know if this software can make video games?
I am just wondering.
I know it can make good graphics, I just need to know.
If any info has sprung out, please inform me.
This is the only graphics software that is compatible with my Millenium Edition Comp.

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:01 PM
I have Bryce, and it's just for making images. I don't really know how to use it too well.

kamari-ice
Jul 12th, 2002, 12:09 PM
dangit, well gonna have to find another software that fits my comp needs.

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 12th, 2002, 12:29 PM
If your looking to make games, the only software that's gonna help you is a compiler. Better hit those C++ books. ;)

kamari-ice
Jul 12th, 2002, 01:01 PM
Guess what, they don't have those books down here.
The only thing they got is the software.
Hate to burst my own bubble.
Thanx for the help Sleazy, I will always remember it. :)

Hylas
Jul 12th, 2002, 01:55 PM
I've heard that Poser is good for 3D models of human bodies. Don't know if it's what you were looking for.

kamari-ice
Jul 13th, 2002, 12:06 PM
I am looking for some software that is compatible with Windows Me.
And also can make moving characters like in video games.
Ya know what I am talking about?
Poser, never heard of it.

Carlito
Jul 13th, 2002, 02:05 PM
Yeah, Poser is a software for creating 3D models of characters. I think it's better than 3D Studio Max for this purpose, but you need to check the requirements of those softwares to know if they can run on your PC.

AsylumEscapee
Jul 13th, 2002, 02:12 PM
Even if you learn to make models, which isnt an easy task, thats still not enough to make a game. It's not easy, man. Before you even learn to code you need to finish high school mathematics, at the very least. My guess is that you'll give up before you even start to learn anything useful.

Still, if you just want to learn to model, you should look up something like 3d studio max and start reading some .doc tutorials. Gotta warn you though, people go to colledge to learn this kind of software.

kamari-ice
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Okay, stop telling me to go to college and stuff.I know what I am doing.Ten to one, I will learn it before college.reading lots of books and studying about it is worth it, and my soon to be high school don't help students, all they do is sit around, and gives a's and b's for nothing.Trust me, my sister went, and told me.
Thanks Carlito, never knew that, and thanks Hylas.

AudioBoxer
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:50 PM
or if you wanna go kinda old school buy Macromedia flash 5, it is a really good program but takes along time to learn. I started about 1 year ago and still havnt mastered all of the comands. If you start to get good enough you can get sponserd by a company and make a flash for their site and they will fill your wallet. I made $400 for making a 59 second intro to this site, it is easy I am making another one for a Rackat ball comp and they are paying me $1000 for a 2 1/2 intro with buttons so buy it and learn it easy money + it is fun

Carlito
Jul 14th, 2002, 05:17 PM
Flash is not a program to make 3D models for videogames.

kamari-ice
Jul 14th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Flash is not a program to make 3D models for videogames.

Thats what I am saying!

Spirit
Jul 15th, 2002, 07:39 AM
bryce is extremely slow with renders due to its render engine which rendrs multiple times, each time enriching the image with detail. I would NOT recomend anyone this software due to its speed >.<
Moreover poser is good but flash, even if it takes a while to learn won't really make you any real $$$. The only things in the world which make money is hard things, such as a C++ book. So listen to sleazy and start using it to make siplified things.

kamari-ice
Jul 15th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Sleazy smart.