PDA

View Full Version : F1 career simulation?

The Rhythmosaur
Jul 8th, 2002, 07:35 PM
Would you be interested in a career simulation including several seasons for an F1 or Nascar game?
Starting with your own name as a member of the minardi team and moving, depending on your performance within the season, forward or backwords to other teams and ending up as a team mate of Michael Schuhmacher (setting him 2nd, of course)?

Ice Cold
Jul 8th, 2002, 07:48 PM
I don't really like Nascar. F1 racing is pretty cool but I don't think it would be a hit game.

The Rhythmosaur
Jul 8th, 2002, 07:50 PM
In Europe, F1 is selling pretty good. But this kind I suggested is still not existing...

Ice Cold
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:29 PM
It's a pretty cool idea though.

The Rhythmosaur
Jul 12th, 2002, 11:11 AM
You see, I am fed up with racing games that let you win at "professional" level even in the weakest car (if you are good enough).
For me - to keep the example of F1 - an extraordinary player should not be better than place 16 with a car that you find usually at slots 18 to 22. But when he does, he should be rewarded by changeing to a better car in the next season like they do in real life - and so my idea was born.
F1 2000 was too hard in any car. At hardest stage, cars drove better times than in the tv-simulation (were you could learn really a lot about breaking, holding the line and timing in general) exspecaily in the qualifying. I donĀ“t mean to brag (*wink to Mena*) but I am a veteran driver. GT1, 2 and 3 and F1 from 1997 at the beginning tought me showing most of my friens the tail lights. (Some Japanese cracks drive laptimes bringing me on my knees, just look at the demos in GT3, but apart from that...)

And stages below the hardest could be won in any car.

What about the so called long time motivation, here that is to check the special behavior and performance of several cars, if you know right from the start that they are as good as equal? That means, after you have finished it in one car at all levels the game is readily played and you can wait for the next one to buy...

Racing Rhythmo

Maldini
Jul 17th, 2002, 10:48 PM
yes, but lets not forget that people like shumey won champioships in cars like benetton