PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room

AudioBoxer
Jul 7th, 2002, 09:56 PM
I dont know if it does or not but I looked around and could not find one I am talking about a chat room or something do you think you guys can maybe put one it. Just for the fact say someone needed help on a game or something and they needed a quike response.

AudioBoxer
Jul 11th, 2002, 11:51 PM
This would be really cool if you guys would do this

IcyMourdor
Jul 12th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Were you thinking of maybe and IRC chat?

It can possibly be done. Thing is, activity. Will people be in there often?

AudioBoxer
Jul 12th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Maybe like a Java chat on the site would be cool, Nobody will go on MIRC to chat, see if you can do a java chat or something that is on the site

kamari-ice
Jul 13th, 2002, 08:04 PM
Let me just say what Fortune would say.

*We do not need a chat room, we are fine the way we are.Isn't our forum good as it is.Anyways, it would be a waste of space.*

IcyMourdor
Jul 15th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Actually, Fortune hasn't even been around recently. We are working on it and deciding as to whether it'll happen.

kamari-ice
Jul 15th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Okay, so your now a mod.
Man I need to come around more often, I don't know who is who anymore.
It would be cool to have a chat, its just that Fortune is always telling us that stuff.

AudioBoxer
Jul 15th, 2002, 10:57 PM
yeah I was just kinda saying that a chat room would not be that bad of an idea

IcyMourdor
Jul 17th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by kamari-ice
Okay, so your now a mod.

I have been a moderator since I think mid-February. I'm going to change my name back to Mourdor, so people recongize me better. I'll have to PM Harry about that since Fortune is nowhere to be found.

kamari-ice
Jul 17th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Opps sorry Mourdor.
I was wondering what happened to you.
Chat room.
Hey if you can't make Harry make a chatroom.
I can make a chat room at my site.
Then all I have to do Is give Harry the link, or you, and he just put the link on the forums.
And label it chat room.
It will be at my site, but its still can be our chat room.
Hey I will make one now.
If one of ya'll mods don't get rid of the post.

Harry
Jul 20th, 2002, 05:37 PM
The problem is not Fortune - who is the main Administrator of these forums - or me. I have decided not to have a chat at this moment because:

1. A professional chat system requires a certain use of system resources. At this time, we don't have sufficient funds to have a chat on the website. If in the future we have more visitors and much more money, we'll surely invest in professional chat systems and other services.

2. A chat needs moderators who stay continuously in the channels. I don't want to have completely uncontrolled - even if dynamic - content into the website.

3. There are just a few persons who are posting in the forums. I fear that adding a chat system would prevent many of the members from posting here.

That's basically it. And Fortune is working on other personal projects, but she is constantly monitoring the website. Simply, sometimes we use the same PC to log-in and we don't switch account every time we check the forums.

BTW, thanks for the suggestion to all of you.