PDA

View Full Version : Sports for guys vs Sports for girls

Black Heart
Jul 7th, 2002, 09:21 PM
Do you think there are sports which can be performed only by guys and while others can be performed only by girls, or do you think anybody can have free access to any kind of sport and be good at it?

Sid554
Jul 7th, 2002, 09:28 PM
It all depends on how good of an athlete you are.
Gender doesn't really play a role, IMO, unless we're talking about a sport that requires great size or physical strength. Then gender might come into play, but not necessarily.

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 7th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Lazlow: "HOPSCOTCH!?! Th..that's a girls game!!"
Caller: "Man, that ain't a girls game man! Not rugby hopscotch! Now get
me in a scrum and I'm dangerous. I'd take anybody down! I'm the
hopscotch master! I gots fly skills at hopscotch...you know what
I'm saying??"

Ice Cold
Jul 7th, 2002, 09:53 PM
I have to say that I guy can USUALLY do a sport better than I girl.

Before you girls try killing me, hear me out.

Baseball: men
Basketball: men (Due to height and experience in game)
Footbal: MEN (Due to size)
Hockey: MEN (Due to size)
Golf: Men? (Never seen a Guy vs. Girl match)
Tennis: men? (Never seen a Guy vs. Girl match)
Running: Men (Fastest time held by a man)
Boxing: MEN (Do I need to explain?)
Soccer: (Don't know, don't care)
Gymnastics: Depends...guys cant dance with ribbon, girls can't do the horse (atleast not as good as a guy)

There, thats my opinion.

Black Heart
Jul 7th, 2002, 09:59 PM
It's a cultural fact that some sports are usually performed by men.
Anyway, I'm not asking who would win in a match girl vs boy.

And I think some of the sports mentioned by Ice Cold nowadays are successfully performed also by girls. An example?
You mentioned tennis and horse, but hey, many girls are as good as men at them.
The only sport I can think of not made for girls is sumo, but maybe because I'm not into it, so I can't say if a girl actually tried it or not :P

Note: my sis plays rugby and kickboxing and she's way better than me :heh:

Ice Cold
Jul 7th, 2002, 10:18 PM
Sorry blackheart, misunderstood the question. I was saying if you got THE BEST of males and THE BEST of females, in a particular sport that both genders participate in, the male will MOST of the time come out on top.

But if your asking if girls are able to perform well in sports I would say YES! Any girl with some experiance could kick my butt in ANY sport. I know us guy would hate to admit it, but there are girls out there that could woop us at our favorite video games too.

BTW when I said "Horse" I was talking about the thing they use in gymnastics. Girls don't use the horse in gymnastics.

Black Heart
Jul 7th, 2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Ice Cold

BTW when I said "Horse" I was talking about the thing they use in gymnastics. Girls don't use the horse in gymnastics.

LOL you misunderstood the question and I misunderstood the answer. I thought you were talking aobut horseriding or stuff like that ;)

Ice Cold
Jul 7th, 2002, 10:25 PM
Nah, I think that really depends on the horse and has nothing to the rider anyways. Oops, just pissed some horse jocky off, gotta go!

happy_doughnut
Jul 8th, 2002, 12:32 AM
I think some sports are more suited for the male persona rather than for females. Why ? Just because most ( not all ) girls just suck. That's it. Some females are rather good at sports, but most... they just put on a big boobage show.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jul 8th, 2002, 01:19 AM
All i know is that volleyball is usually classified as a female sport.

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 8th, 2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by SSSnake
All i know is that volleyball is usually classified as a female sport.
That's beach volleyball right? :laugh:

Ice Cold
Jul 8th, 2002, 10:45 AM
Who is Anna Kournikova?

Hylas
Jul 8th, 2002, 11:16 AM
Let's see... I was very good at martial arts, especially karate and I have beaten many guys who thought they were "god-of-sports-type".
Not to seem egomaniac, but I was good at it, really. And I was proud of it.

I don't think girls are so bad in some sports as you describe them. And in some sports, as the martial arts mentioned above, the weight and the fact you're male or not doesn't really count.

BlackThornn
Jul 8th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Ice Cold
I have to say that I guy can USUALLY do a sport better than I girl.

Before you girls try killing me, hear me out.

Baseball: men
Basketball: men (Due to height and experience in game)
Footbal: MEN (Due to size)
Hockey: MEN (Due to size)
Golf: Men? (Never seen a Guy vs. Girl match)
Tennis: men? (Never seen a Guy vs. Girl match)
Running: Men (Fastest time held by a man)
Boxing: MEN (Do I need to explain?)
Soccer: (Don't know, don't care)
Gymnastics: Depends...guys cant dance with ribbon, girls can't do the horse (atleast not as good as a guy)

There, thats my opinion.

I'd think that despite a man holding the fastest time women would be capable of gaining "faster" speeds. I mean, they don't have nothin hanging down there.. Plus they're lighter.. *shrugs* Eh, Idunno.

Also.. Football there was this chick on the line on my high school team.. she ruled all kinda ass on the field.. :D

kupoartist
Jul 9th, 2002, 01:50 PM
hmm... sometimes I wonder if there are any sports for Girls in the states.... they all seem to have got changed into men sports along the way :o

ie:
Rounders -> Baseball
"Real" Hockey -> Ice/Roller Hockey
Netball -> Basketball

In all three of the above, I'd argue that girls are better than boys (though they are in general of course :p), but they never seem to be mentioned by any people in the US.

And as a side note, only society and the general needs of the average female are holding back them from being gaming champions..... Heres hoping that a girl thrashes everyone at Q3 or somthing ^_^