PDA

View Full Version : PS2's best FPS?

FreakOut
Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:24 PM
I feel Half-Life is the most enjoyable FPS for the PS2, it's abit slow at the begining and theres not enough marines to shoot at but overall it's a hell of a game.

jenova_jeb
Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:27 PM
I haven't played a lot of them, but I thought Quake III: Revolution (or whatever it's called) was pretty cool.

MakgSnake
Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:28 PM
I Agree With You. Half-Life Is One Of The Best FPS Ever, And Even On Ps2 Its Amazing!-!

But I Played Red-Faction, And That Game Is Awesome Too!.! Amazing!!!-!!!

BowevelJoe
Jan 23rd, 2002, 09:16 PM
hmm...the FPS that has held my interest the longest is red faction, theres just so many things you can do with the geo-mod. I havent played half life, i played it for PC way to much to care to play the PS2 version. if its as good as you guys say it is i may have to check it out...

Spirit
Jan 23rd, 2002, 11:29 PM
timesplitters or Quake was probably the best ones of ps2, although I've never played half life yet....

Sleazy P Martini
Jan 23rd, 2002, 11:32 PM
I can't wait for the new Medal of Honor games. Those were my favorite by far.

MakgSnake
Jan 24th, 2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
I can't wait for the new Medal of Honor games. Those were my favorite by far.

Oh Yes! Medal Of Honor Games On PSone Was Amazing, So Just Imagine How Its Gonna Be On PS2.!. They Are Gonna Be Awesome!.! I Cant Wait Either! I Hope They Get A Good Review!

BowevelJoe
Jan 24th, 2002, 07:56 AM
ah yeah MoH is awsome, maybe it will have a game released for PS2 that will carry over really well and, have a good multiplayer...

nanjij
Jan 24th, 2002, 12:38 PM
i think the best fps must be red fraction but i think unreal tournements wicked if u have got a mouse. my opinion i think will change when moh: frontline comes out.

x157anz
Jan 24th, 2002, 05:54 PM
I only have 1 FPS nad thats Red Faction and tthats an amazing game !!!!!!! Half Life looks good but aint it the same as the pc?!?!
Thtas why peeps are saying its lame

BowevelJoe
Jan 24th, 2002, 07:47 PM
haha HL was awsome on PC, its just too much of a multiplayer game(counterstrike:D )but anyways ill save my $50 on that, and keep with the PC version

Reid
Jan 27th, 2002, 11:35 AM
I've only played Unreal Tournament but I found the controls were really awkward, so I'm kind of apprehensive about buying and PS2 first person shooters.

BowevelJoe
Jan 27th, 2002, 06:44 PM
yeah i bought UT for PS2 and the controls were terrible, and yeah im aprehensive about buying console FPS too, but most of them translate well, they just need to work on the controls...ALOT lol

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 27th, 2002, 11:18 PM
Ok here i go on fps again.I am gonna post the best FPS for story then Multiplay

Story:
1.Half-Life<---nothin better
2.Red Faction
3.AUF

Quake Unreal and Timesplitter dont really qualify as having true story modes

Multiplay
1.Timeplitters<---This is the best foe multiplay if anyone whats to argue with me feel free
2.AUF
3.Quake 3
4.Unreal
5.Halflife
6.Redfaction

BowevelJoe
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:08 AM
i thought Unreal was alot better than Quake, Quake had mad slow loading times and it slowed down alot more lol..

Spank-A-Thon
Jan 28th, 2002, 09:19 AM
Gonna have to disagree with you all and say there is no such thing as a good FPS on console (and yes that includes the over-rated Goldeneye)...

Much as I love, nay - worship, my PS2 there is only one place where FPSs belong and that is on the PC.

Until someone can come up with a control method that is as perfect as a mouse/keyboard combo then I'll never touch a console FPS I'm afraid.

With the customisation, ease of control and kick-ass multi-player you get with PC FPSs, even the very best consolse FPS is simply an average PC FPS.

Compare the depth and quality of Deus Ex with Goldeneye. Compare the speed and frame-rate of UT on PC to the PS2 version. Compare the mods and extra skins/levels of PC QIII to the PS2 version. See? No comparison between console and PC FPSs. And as for Half-Life... pah, old hat I'm afraid. PC owners were enjoying that 4 years ago!!!

- S

Neo_Soldier28
Jan 28th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Time Splitters 2 when it comes out is gonna be the best because Time Splitters was sooooo cool

Sleazy P Martini
Jan 28th, 2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
Until someone can come up with a control method that is as perfect as a mouse/keyboard combo then I'll never touch a console FPS I'm afraid.

I hate mouse and keyboard controls. The Medal of Honor series had excellent controls. Halo for the Xbox has great controls too. But you have to customize them.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 28th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by BowevelJoe
i thought Unreal was alot better than Quake, Quake had mad slow loading times and it slowed down alot more lol..

I agreee with loading time thing but gameplay wise Quake 3 was way faster and more enjoyable

Neo_Soldier28
Jan 30th, 2002, 09:30 AM
I agree with SSSnake quake is a fast pace game he kicked my @$$ in it when i played against him

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 3rd, 2002, 04:48 AM
Im not great at the game i just play it alot

Mercury Shadow
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:20 AM
I really love Goldeneye 007 for N64 contrary to some of you guys, it's the first FPS I ever played, and has great multiplayer.

BowevelJoe
Feb 4th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Goldeneye was far from overrated, just because you couldnt get used to using a controller doesnt give you the right to burn it Spank, the game was awsome when it came out, i loved the game, i got 007 mode like a week after having it, i played the **** out of it. Its one of the few console FPS that i played the multiplayer enough to memorize all the levels lol.

as for PC, the FPS are cool, the keyboard can be a hassle too, its just a matter of getting used to the controls, just like a controller, you just gotta take the time man.

As for playing the multiplayer crap online, im a 56k and have AOL for an ISP, so that cuts out multiplayer pretty much out for me, and no matter how good you get, theres always that punk that spends all his life playing online 24/7 who is either cheating or has no life at all that you can never seem to kill lol...

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 4th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Well on the topicss of controls,i think controls can properly be done on a controller like it was on timesplitters and then it was used for red faction and other games.I do agree that keyboard and mouse work extremley well in some cases,but a controller is this so much simple and easy to pick up for some newbie to first person shooters

Smokey Mcpot
Feb 22nd, 2002, 03:16 PM
Red faction was the best i think, cuz' they did'nt come out with much!:p Agent under fire was ok but i wasnt big on those car chases and crap. I just wanna walk around and shoot russian
soldiers, just like the old days!;)

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:23 PM
Red faction was good and i really enjoyed its story mode,but it left alot to be disired in the multiplay compartment.