PDA

View Full Version : uh oh... (memory card crapness)

kupoartist
Jul 7th, 2002, 10:26 AM
I just switched on my PSX to play FFIX.... and all of a sudden I'm some 40 hours behind where I was this morning :shock: ... whats going on? I really don't expect this kind of crap to happen to a console (hell knows that its always been my fault when something happens on a PC...) and I'm scared I'm going to have to play 40 hours of this game again!

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 7th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Are you using a Sony brand card? I've heard of third party cards doing weird things. Also is it possible you have more than one FF save on that card and loaded the wrong one?

kupoartist
Jul 7th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Its a crappy freebee card, so Its to be expected really... and no I haven't got any other FFIX saves on the card. All 3 of the slots I used have reverted to some weird time....

Gadzoox
Jul 9th, 2002, 01:11 AM
Yeah I've heard of that happening with those craptacular no-name cards. It's best to stick with brand name (Sony) products when dealing with such a precious thing as saving games!!! It happened to my friend and she was able to warn me before I even got my PSX.

Frozen
Aug 3rd, 2002, 12:42 PM
I just would recommend you to buy a Sony Memory card. They're just 15 bucks. Third party cards are usually crap and do weird stuff like that. A Sony memory card will rarely fail. However, you must always be careful when using it. And try never to turn off your PS as soon as you save a game, play some more seconds and then turn it off.