PDA

View Full Version : As told by Solid: Snake--- My review of Devil May Cry

RobHardo
Jul 7th, 2002, 07:52 AM
I just bought this game 2 or 3 days ago and have put about 3 and a half hours into it already, and I am very impressed with the story line, and the game play is magnificent, the controls aren't for rocket scientists like some games i know (cough cough red faction cough cough) The characters come to life in a way i never sen before in a game, and I prefer it to anyone with a strong stomache and is trigger-happy I completely recomend it. I give it 5 out of 5 solid: snake stars,

this is the first of many reviews :-) you'll be seeing the star system from a customer not a creator. so yo uknow it's te real deal :-)

Spank-A-Thon
Jul 7th, 2002, 04:50 PM
When you have finished the game, and have put more than 3.5 hours into it, I'm sure you'll change your opinion...

For the first couple of hours it's the best game ever.... but after that you start to realise how truly repetitive it is. Once finished you'll discover that DMC has practically zero re-playability, and that it is far too short.

There is no doubt it is a quality title, but it is certainly not to the same level of the true PS2 greats like FFX, GTA, GT3 and MGS2...

I'd probably rank it alongside the likes of Onimusha, Res Evil: CVX and Silent Hill 2 - fantastic if you really like that type of game, but very good otherwise.

I'd personally give it 4/5 because there are some big drawbacks to the game.

- S

RobHardo
Jul 8th, 2002, 08:57 AM
your right i should have waited to make my review of the game, but i will be back with another after i finish it