PDA

View Full Version : Best FF ?

x157anz
Jul 7th, 2002, 07:18 AM
I know this thread has been done loads of times , but im just wondering , which do you think is the best final fantasy (out of them all) :peoples:

I have played VII and X ................. i think X is better.

RobHardo
Jul 7th, 2002, 07:39 AM
I've only played X, but i might have played a demo of VI or VII, but I can only say that X is the best in my book but yo unever know i haven't seen what the others have to offer to me so i have to try em out then I'll get back to ya, I woder if i could find them on Kazaa, who am i kidding you can find anything on Kazaa

IcyMourdor
Jul 7th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Tactics, hands down. The best story and the music relates easily with the battles and scenes. The battle system is more strategic, so you can just go in with 10 GFs or mastered materia and kick butt in every battle. The monsters get more powerful and are equal levels to the highest. You have to train to get the best abilities. This game is a challenge and I enjoy it.

kupoartist
Jul 7th, 2002, 09:28 AM
I've played 4-9 in depth (and a tiny bit of 1-3) and I'm still going to stick by my idea that 6 is the best. of course i've never played Tactics though, but then some would be inclined to say that FF : Tactics is more of a Tactics Ogre game than anything... but then some people are stupid, and Im just hoping that I'll be able to get the GBA version of the game....

anyways... 6 is the best (IMO) because it has by far the best characters, storyline, soundtrack and gameplay (though severely handicaped by its age...)... In fact i'd only say its beaten in the other departments of Dialouge (second to FFIX, largely because Vivi's Philospical-ness) and Graphics (by anything that came after... though I'm not sure if the PC version of FFXI looks better than the PS2 version of FFX...)

Macceh^
Jul 7th, 2002, 02:09 PM
well it was 7 and 10 has become my fave atm but its too linear imo. Lots of sidequests though which gives it a boost and its nice and sad and great characters. I might go with 6 tho as it has all the above and its not too linear.

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 7th, 2002, 02:13 PM
It's a really hard decision for me...it's between VII and X. VII has by far the best story but FFX was just an all out experience thanks to the graphics and voices. But graphics isn't everything...it's been too long since I beat VII so I'm gonna have to go with X, but my vote might change after I give VII another swing to refresh my memory

Sid554
Jul 8th, 2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by DragonBane
Tactics, hands down. The best story and the music relates easily with the battles and scenes. The battle system is more strategic, so you can just go in with 10 GFs or mastered materia and kick butt in every battle. The monsters get more powerful and are equal levels to the highest. You have to train to get the best abilities. This game is a challenge and I enjoy it.

I agree, though technically Tactics is not a "true" Final Fantasy, it effectively combines all of the best aspects of the FF series (deep storyline, strong characters, etc.), as well as the nearly infinatessimal(word?) job system (wasn't this also used in a previous FF? Haven't played any before FF7). Just an excellent game.

kupoartist
Jul 8th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Sid554
as well as the nearly infinatessimal(word?) job system (wasn't this also used in a previous FF? Haven't played any before FF7).

FF3 and FF5 had the wonderful job system... In the case of the later it was the main reason I ever liked the game lots (the storyline and characters are mediocore at best - oh yes and the main enemy is made of bark)

Syndicate
Jul 9th, 2002, 12:33 PM
FFX is the best ! :roll: