PDA

View Full Version : I just got Sly Cooper and R+C demos!

Mercury Shadow
Jul 6th, 2002, 05:19 PM
My friend went to E3 and he brought back Sly Cooper and Ratchet & Clank demos.... here are my impressions-

Sly Cooper- This game is gonna be PS2's platformer of the year. The graphics are beautiful and very smooth, the game is flashy with hundreds of golden coins in the screen at once, you can destroy a lot of stuff on screen, and the whole stealth part is really fun! Hiding in a barrel is great. Also, I didn't think I'd like the character, Sly, but he's very likable and has a great voice actor. Same thing with Sly's partner, a nerdy turtle who helps him along the mission. In the game you need to collect bottles with clues and when you get all, you can open up a safe that holds new special moves. Get 100 golden coins and you get an extra life. The music is also really good in this game. The best part though... it handles like a dream!

Ratchet and Clank- Maybe i'm spoiled by Sly's controls, but Ratchet seems to be a little sluggish in comparison. But nevertheless, it's no big problem. R+C is set hundreds of stories above ground in a futuristic setting sorta like the Jetsons, with flying cars and such. You collect bolts (you get thousands of them!) and buy different weapons at vendors. This alone will make R+C different than the rest of the platformers. In the demo, you get a flamethrower, an automatic big gun, a glove that releases little robots that attack your enemy, and a hook shot tool. The voice actor for Ratchet is very annoying.. he sounds like a little boy on sunday morning cartoons and he gets real annoying. The graphics are sweet too.

What are your thoughts on these 2 games?

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 6th, 2002, 06:50 PM
I'll probably rent these 2 titles unless one of them blows me away...but your thread has intrigued me on these games...thanks for postin it!

Infernal Mass
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Sly Cooper was pretty good, i missed the 2nd vault... i accidently hit one of those clue bottles in the moola museum..:disturb:.

Also i thought it was a kinda cheesy rip off of Mgs when those transmission sequences played out.:laugh: ..neat game though.