PDA

View Full Version : Smallville

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 6th, 2002, 10:47 AM
I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who's disgusted at the WB's bastardizing of a classic. Turning the adventures of Superman into a common "chick flick". :disgust:

BlackThornn
Jul 6th, 2002, 02:18 PM
I'm disgusted at all the corperate bastardizations out there.. they're changing everything that WAS great and turning it into the same cookie cutout bull****.. *sighs* It's depressing. -_-

Ice Cold
Jul 6th, 2002, 04:11 PM
My sister loves that show. And it is disgusting! All my child hood memories of the Man of Steel were shattered by the teenage love stories. I wish this show was replaced by something with a little more substance.

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 6th, 2002, 06:38 PM
Yes....it is sad....

But hey that chick on the show is pretty damn good lookin lol

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 6th, 2002, 06:57 PM
See that's what I mean. People watch because they think the stars in the show are hot. I used to watch Superman (and by Superman I mean Christopher Reeve) because he'd fly around and kick a$$, save the world and stuff. Not this cornball fluff that's been spewing from my set as of late. It's so sad.

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 6th, 2002, 08:53 PM
No no no...I don't watch the show...I was just adding that from what I saw from it I thought she was pretty hot...

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 6th, 2002, 09:02 PM
Actually I was referring to my sister and her friends. They just watch and drool over Clark. Sorry if I accused you falsely.

Ice Cold
Jul 6th, 2002, 10:29 PM
No no no...I don't watch the show...I was just adding that from what I saw from it I thought she was pretty hot...

Actually I was referring to my sister and her friends.

LOL:laugh: Everyone is starting to get to sound a little guilty.
If you watch the show just come out and say it.

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 7th, 2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Ice Cold

If you watch the show just come out and say it.

I'd sooner get an enema than watch that crap. No sir, when the WB's line of bile hits the air, I'm off to the spare room to spend "sanity saving" time with my PS2.

Ice Cold
Jul 7th, 2002, 01:44 PM
:laugh: hahaha:laugh: Have you ever actually had an enema? Those things just aint right!

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 7th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Fear Factor.....that's just weird. I'm not into that. Although I did watch a celebrity version where Donny Osmond beat David Hasslehoff. :laugh: That had to hurt.

BlackThornn
Jul 7th, 2002, 05:40 PM
That's another thing that pisses me off.. Shows like Fear Factor and Survivor and those.

How come it's perfectly alright to watch disturbing, disgusting **** happen on those shows, people eating insects and vomiting and doing all kinda disgusting crap, but "profanity" only late at night and "nudity" only mosaic-ed out?

This nation's controlled by a bunch of hypacrites and fundamentalist fanatics.. It's despicable.

ghost86
Jul 7th, 2002, 08:28 PM
i don't think there's anything wrong with fear factor, but smallville.... ugh!:ghost:

BlackThornn
Jul 7th, 2002, 08:39 PM
What I was saying is that while shows that practically make us f****** vomit are okay in primetime, most networks push any shows with a large degree of violence (mind you that's "entertainment violence". Not seeing some kid hanging with his brains out the window of a school. Which is somehow better since it's "the news") or a large degree of profanity (fox is the exception, for the most part.. but look at what they've been cancelling and what they've been bringing in lately.. guh) are pushed back so much you have to stay up to watch the things, and showing the human body without a cloth wrapping is, as you said, a nono. Why is that a nono? It's nothing but useless victorian-esque values that were left over and are perpetuated by the wealthy and in-power. It's swiftly getting to the point where actual GOOD shows are on cable only. (Sopranos, The Wire, OZ.. all the HBO stuff, pretty much) While the rest of today's programming is either half-censored sitcoms, disgusting and ridiculous reality programs, "who wants to be a millionaire" clones, and the kinda stuff that Sleazy's talking about. IE Teen GARBAGE.

Anyway, to clarify a little, goodman, I wasn't advocating pushing these kind of shows to later hours. I was advocating eliminating the need to push them to later hours. "Sheltering from the children" is something that only produces naivete and eventual violence from the children. They should be introduced to LIFE, not stuck with Barney and ridiculously censored versions of Anime until they're bloody 17.

Ice Cold
Jul 7th, 2002, 10:33 PM
I think kids should be sheltered from violence, sex, profanity till their parents teach them that is wrong. Then the kid will know not to watch it on his own and be disciplined.

jbaseley
Jul 8th, 2002, 04:38 AM
i thought smallville was excellent. i'd rather see that than watch a guy dressed in blue walk around with his jocks over his clothes

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 8th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by jbaseley
with his jocks over his clothes
I'm not sure I get what that mean.....jocks? underwear? Football players?
:confused:

BlackThornn
Jul 8th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by jbaseley
i thought smallville was excellent. i'd rather see that than watch a guy dressed in blue walk around with his jocks over his clothes

1) Odds are you weren't raised on old superman.

2) How is Smallville excellent? It's freaking Dawson's Creek with superpowers. >_< The point is, that they took something that appealed to older generations and warped it to fit a cookie cutout mold. Instead of just making a NEW SHOW with a NEW IDEA or even NEW CHARACTERS.

I watch Buffy with my girl sometimes(she loves it), that show's like.. Okay. *shrugs* But that's a case of new characters (the movie bit.. the tv show is very different anyway) with the superpowers. Not taking something that other people grew up with and MTV-izing it. That's just wrong.

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 8th, 2002, 01:02 PM
ugh.....Dawson's creek. :blergh:

MakgSnake
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Ice Cold
If you watch the show just come out and say it. I Love The Show I Think Its GREAT And It Has Great STORY AlongSide Showing LoveLife Of Super Man....... Cause NO MATTER What U Do In Life....... Love Is Always There.. Somewhere With You......... So Even With The Man Of Steel........Its There.

Its A Nice Show. Very Nice Infact!

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 9th, 2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
So Even With The Man Of Steel........Its There.

I believe he's now known as the man of cheese.

Socom
Jul 9th, 2002, 10:59 PM
I think smallville is just Dawsons freakin Creek with Superman in it. I think Dawsons Creek is the ****test show in the world and I just don't like the idea of Superman being slapped into the the sissy world of Dawsons creek. DAMMIT!!!

ghost86
Jul 10th, 2002, 08:20 PM
I don't really like superman anyway. Too invincible. And his weakness is a green frikkin rock! I'm not dissing you guys who do like him, all I'm saying is there are cooler super heroes, like the green lantern or spiderman.:ghost:

RobHardo
Jul 10th, 2002, 08:35 PM
I admit i have watched the show once or twice, but just to see if i like it, and i what i saw was the completely wrong story, none of this crap appened to clark as a teenager, i think dean cain and christopher reaves should open a can of whoop @$$ on that guy who plays clark now, even though dean cin has ruined his career by being the host of that ripley's show, which has turned into crap in a picnic basket