PDA

View Full Version : ?

Ice Cold
Jul 4th, 2002, 09:39 PM
Just seeing how many people have modchips installed on their PS2.

Hadoken
Jul 6th, 2002, 08:04 PM
hmmz.. then i'd need a dvd-rw, now wouldnt i?
so no chip for me!

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 6th, 2002, 09:10 PM
I won't chip my system. Let's face it, there usually isn't any more than three or four "must have" titles per year. Buy those and rent the others.

Ice Cold
Jul 6th, 2002, 10:21 PM
Don't worry. I don't plan on getting it chipped.

My friend has an extra but I don't feel like ripping open my console, and taking a tourch to the motherboard just so I could play a copied game.

I don't have a DVD burner either. But if I did, then a chip would make more sense. All the best games are DVD anyways.

I was just see how many people would admit to having their PS2 chipped, that's all.

macario
Jul 15th, 2002, 10:14 PM
people think about what your doing puting a chip in your ps2 will mess it up and sony wont reply if you need your ps2 fixed if you modified it. so what am trying to say is your not allowed to modifie ur ps2 if you do install the chip and if it stops working because the chip and you ask sony to fix it they will say NO because ur not allowed to modifie it. but if u want to thats ur choice I cant stop u:mad:

AsylumEscapee
Jul 15th, 2002, 11:14 PM
I chipped my PSone. It can't be that hard to chip a ps2. If you want a copied or imported game, and you can get a chip for free, I say go for it.

Evil Parrot
Jul 16th, 2002, 04:59 AM
I dont need (or want) to play copied games. I dont want to feel like I ripped someone off by molesting their intelectual property, however I do think that there should me a change in the policy for gamers who import legitimate copies of games. The only way I can play the 'official' games that I want is by invalidating my warranty. Come on Sony, give us a break!!

Macceh^
Jul 21st, 2002, 04:47 AM
may sound silly but i just like having my games boxed in the original casing with the manual :)

Dirty_harry
Jul 27th, 2002, 11:39 AM
yo man I found this progam which burns PSx games with their codes and work without mod chip its a proven fact I've done it myself. and if u dont wanna try this u can just burn games (normally that wouldn't work

Frozen
Aug 3rd, 2002, 12:17 PM
When I lived outside the states I owned more than 80 PS games, as over there it was not considered as piracy. I got to get rid of them all before I moved here.

As a consequence, I bought a PS 2 and all original games, no mod-chip. What I do is to buy them all pre owned from stores dedicated to that (like Gamefellas in the Austin section) I don't buy them from e bay cuz I got no credit card.

AudioBoxer
Aug 11th, 2002, 08:09 PM
Ya I am gunna get one, just for the fact that you can buy full games for 2 bucks with it, all you have to do is go to www.yahoo.com and then type in Rastasega and look for what you want!! It is simple cheap and the way to go, I did it with my DC and it works wonders

bellsdelsol
Aug 19th, 2002, 01:43 PM
I may mod mine when my extended warantee is up.

Soul Angel
Aug 21st, 2002, 09:16 PM
I haven't got my PS2 modchip and I don't really want to either, I would hate it if I did and it ended up mucking up my PS2 and I couldn't get it fixed because of it

AsylumEscapee
Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Evil Parrot
I dont need (or want) to play copied games. I dont want to feel like I ripped someone off by molesting their intelectual property

Oh... The whole.. Moral.. Thing.
I didn't know people still had that.