PDA

View Full Version : A name change!

Hylas
Jun 30th, 2002, 06:39 PM
If you could change your real name into something else, what would be your choice?
Do you prefer names with a meaning or names with a nice sound for your your ears? :right:

MakgSnake
Jun 30th, 2002, 07:04 PM
I Am Pretty Happy With My Name....I Like My Name Alot, Its SHORT Simple And People Always REMEMBER It...And I Mean ALWAYS!!.. hehehe

As For If I Go For Names With Good Meaning........Hmmmm... No Not Really....I Dont. As Long As It Sounds Good And Stylish. Like I Like This Name "Ruhail"......It Just Sounds Cool From My Point Of View.

By The Way.. My Name ..... Its ... "Ali"... "Mohammed Ali" :)

Hylas
Jun 30th, 2002, 07:10 PM
I like myself a lot names that sound good to me, but sometimes I think it's very importanto to pay attention on the meaning.

For example: I have a friend called "Soledad" which is a Spanish name meaning "loneliness". Her father called her that way thinking in Spanish Soledad is "bright" or "sunny". Now, the name's sound is fine, but there are cases in which the parents choose a name without thinking of the meaning and the result is a bit ridiculous...

MakgSnake
Jun 30th, 2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Hylas

For example: I have a friend called "Soledad" which is a Spanish name meaning "loneliness". Her father called her that way thinking in Spanish Soledad is "bright" or "sunny". Now...
Well See, These Kind Of Things Happen, When U Try To Choose A Name With A Meaning Behind It. And I Believe That At Times These Names Effect Ure Lives As Well.......

Like I Had A Friend.....His Name Was "Iqbal"....Which Had A Meaning....."The One"........But It Effected His Life In A Different Manner, More Then Half Of His Life Was Spent Being Alone.... Being Only The One Playing With Himself.... He Never Had Any Friends, No Nothing......I Think I Was His FIRST Friend... At The Age Of 15 I Guess...Which Is A Bad Thing!..! So Now His Parents Changed His Name..... Now He Is Known As "Ahsan"....

Hylas...I Get A Feeling That Ure Friend "Soledad" Spent Most Of The Time Alone, With Loneliness And All. Just A Feeling... Neways.

Hylas
Jun 30th, 2002, 07:29 PM
She says she doesn't mind her name, even if she admitted she can't stand it. She's not a lonely person, but she likes to be alone sometimes, like it happens to everyone.
Unluckily, it's not that easy to change your name if you don't like it. Usually, you have to have a really serious reason to change it. Like for example I was reading a book the other day and one of the characters had this bizarre relationship with her name who was "Saseko", which means ahemmm "b*tch" in Japanese. She had to move to another country to stop being worried about the name LOL

There are other cases in which meaning is a peculiar aspect and in the reality the person is the opposite of that meaning. Let's think about names with horrible meaning like for example "Claudia", which indicates a person not able to walk properly with both legs... You may like the name, but thinking about the meaning a little could be appreciated in cases like this one. At least I think so...

IcyMourdor
Jun 30th, 2002, 07:52 PM
I like my name as it is. A simple name.

If I were to have it changed, I'd have it so no one could pronounce it correctly. I could laugh whenever they try to say it.

Hylas
Jun 30th, 2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by DragonBane
If I were to have it changed, I'd have it so no one could pronounce it correctly. I could laugh whenever they try to say it.

The greatest part of people with this problem actually find it really frustrating... :shock:

Sword 4 Hire
Jun 30th, 2002, 09:01 PM
I don't really care about meanings...I mean it's just a name...I like whatever sounds cool.

Beretta55
Jun 30th, 2002, 09:26 PM
i like my name is simple and cool but i really would not want to change my name cause its a name given to me by my parents and i think that is speical.

Cannibal Clown
Jul 1st, 2002, 11:59 AM
I've always liked the name Demetry. If I ever have a son tha'll be his name.

But I'd like my name changed to that as well.

Ice Cold
Jul 1st, 2002, 01:12 PM
I always thought of changing my name to Mr. Wiggins. I'de always were a tux with a tall hat and a cane made of glass. LOL :laugh:

Nah, I like Paul just fine.

kamari-ice
Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:35 PM
KOOL!
My name would be Deresk.
Its like a name nobody has.
My name is stuuupid.

Gadzoox
Jul 2nd, 2002, 03:27 PM
My name is Kim.
I used to /hate/ my name because the only other Kim's I knew were horrible people; and I used to associate that name with horrible people.

BUT then one day I realized that a name doesn't make up someone, they are who they want to be and my name 'Kim' was as original as I was!
So now I like my name, nice, simple and different. (I've only ever met three other Kim's in my life) I think if my name was more popular I wouldn't like it as much... something different is always cool.

Kim means- ruler. Heehee! Bow down to me! That or I'm good at measuring things! :laugh:

Qjij_jijQ
Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:02 PM
Argh ! I don't like my name... 'Philippe' :P
There is simply too many people that have the same name !

I'd like to have a name that no one else has and that also sonds cool. :D
But I'd rather keep that a secret... I'm crazy. :laugh:

MakgSnake
Jul 4th, 2002, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Qjij_jijQ
Argh ! I don't like my name... 'Philippe' :P
There is simply too many people that have the same name !

Well Qjij_jijQ.......I Guess U'll Be Happy To Hear That I Have Never Heard A Name Like Ures Before.....And It Does Sounds Cool Too.....And Thats Why Ure The First Person I Know Has This Name. .......... So I Doubt That Its A Common Name At All.

By The Way, Its A Nice One Too!.!