PDA

View Full Version : Secret of Mana?

Ruby Moon
Jan 30th, 2002, 08:45 PM
A friend of mine bought this game some time ago, but then he lost it before completing the game. I suggested him to share the game and buy it for another time. Before I spend my money on a game I don't know only because a friend told me it's cool, I'd like to know something more about it.
Is it really so good?
Can you tell me something in general about the plot?
Are characters original or they're just copies of others RPGs' characters?

Sorry! I asked so many stupid questions!
But I think there must be someone around here who can give me some good answer!

IcyMourdor
Jan 30th, 2002, 09:43 PM
This is for the SNES, right?

I haven't played the game in a long time. The problem is that this is a short game. I personally liked the game, but the story is kind of shaky and it seems to leave out parts at times. If possible, rent it and try it before buying it. Everyone has their own preference.

Hadoken
Feb 1st, 2002, 05:11 AM
I`ll answer these questions in my weekly post. :o

Q: Is it really so good?
A: Yes it is! If you dont mind playing SNES games.

Q: Can you tell me something in general about the plot?
A: A boy releases a power that shifts the balance of nature, and evil is re-born. Now he has to rid that evil from his world by obtaining the powers to defeat it.

Q: Are characters original or they're just copies of others RPGs' characters?
A: I think the characters are all pretty original. I dont think they`re a rip off of other RPG`s.

Please note that it has been years since i last played the game, so my memory isnt all that good. But I remember that it was a pretty good game.
And btw, if you like this game. You MAY like LEGEND of Mana too. But I doubt it. I felt it was quite repetetive. but dont worry about SECRET of mana. Which IS a good game.

IcyMourdor
Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:06 PM
Legend of Mana isn't as good as Secret of Mana. The playstation one (LoM) tried to make improvements on the game and didn't do too well on the story, music, and battle system.