PDA

View Full Version : World Cup...

tokim021
Jun 25th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Korea lost this morning to Germany 1 - 0...
This proves Korea DID NOT pay or rig or "rob" or watever bull**** thats spread around. If Korea DID actually rig the WC, why would they drop out suddenly on the semi-finals? Doesn't make sense to me...

Ice Cold
Jun 25th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Forget about soccer man. Basketball is THE sport!

JC Denton
Jun 25th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Ice Cold
Forget about soccer man. Basketball is THE sport!

if you said that in england you would get a lot of funny looks,

anyway,who said that korea rigged the world cup, of course they didn't, they are a good team, i have always thought that and always will, they di really well in their warm up matches and have some very good players, and i can asure you that after we lost to brazil on friday at least 90% of my school want korea to win the world cup, everyone in england loves korea i haven;t heard a bad word against them, most people are pleased to see such enthusiasim about the game. and i can bet only one or 2 people in the whole of england wanted germany to win.

Pu the Owl
Jun 26th, 2002, 06:54 AM
tokim, not to be rude, but the past matches were kinda suspect even if you lost against Germany. Yesterday it was the first time that I've seen a referee giving a yellow card to a Korean player, while during Korean matches I've seen a lot of red and yellow cards to other players, even if they were not guilty :peoples:

JC, maybe in England people were not so interested, but I can assure you people from many other European countries are still very angry for the bad mistakes that happened towards their teams. And adding to this, let's say that no team during this WC played a good football. Nobody, including South Korea, or even Brazil. Nobody, including Germany that is now in the finals to win the Cup. That's why I'm not that interested anymore in it.

Coming back to the match Germany-South Korea:
Maybe it was that is obvious that a Swiss referee, being half-german (in case you didn't think about it, but in Switzerland people are actually mainly german), preferred to not take any decisions against Germany, and I found it odd that during other matches they said several times "You can't have a referee from a certain country" (like europeans for Spain and Italy) and then all of a sudden they let Germany have a Swiss referee. Maybe Germany decided to do something before the match and asked for a "serious" referee.
Those are all possibilities, but you can deny that South Korea's WC was the worst ever regarding officiating of referees and linesmen.

Harry
Jun 26th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Well, what can I say....

Finally, with a good referee, Korea was unable to win a match. I'm sorry but while I see the good work done by the Korean players, I can't stand the fact that the results of the other matches were literally faked, in some way. A football fan can love a team like Korea, but can't like what has happened in Korea- Portugal, Korea-Spain, Korea-Italy.

What's worst, we'll have to wait four years before another REAL world cup.

MakgSnake
Jun 26th, 2002, 09:19 AM
Well, I Knew People Would Say Thing Like MATCH FIXINGS And All. But If U Look At It. SouthKoreo Really Tried SOO HARD To Reach The Q-Finals. It Shows...... U Can See Their Sweat And Blood In It.

I Am So Disappointed That South Koreo Is Out Of The World Cup. And I Hate The FACT Germany Is Playing The Finals. CAUSE U.S.A Actually Scored A GOAL, Which Was Stopped By A GERMAN Player With HIS HAND. Call It BadLuck But Still.........

And.....As For Italy Loosing......Man They WERE Playing A Little TOO Rough With S.Koreo. U See The CROWD Counts ALOT Too. Cheering And Hooting Helps The Home TEAM Alot. Its Like Backing Them UP. It Effects Alot.

Today Again. Turkey LOST! :( I Dont Want Any Of The TEAM To Win. Wanted A New WorldCup Winner. Not The Same OLD Boring Teams.

I Think This WC Was Great.....Soo Many Surprises. It Was Pretty Nice!.!

Spirit
Jun 26th, 2002, 10:12 AM
they tried their best this year I guess, however there's always time for them to get better for the next cup =P

Rei
Jun 26th, 2002, 12:55 PM
As a German, let me say one thing:
I don't like the team we have in the finals this year. I don't like it at all. We didn't play a good football and we don't deserve to win.
Spain had a better team IMO, and they're out for really unfair mistakes committed by unreliable persons.
I think here nobody's accusing Korean players, but the ones who organized this WC. They're the most unreliable people above all!
They turned this WC in a TV show, with lots of intrigues, debatings and so on, forgetting that football is not a show: it is a sport, a game, and it doesn't deserve to be threated like that. They ruined everything. The decision of getting a Swiss referee for the semifinals, yeash, it was odd and I was surprised too. They didn't want other Europeans team to have a European referee and then we have a Swiss one. He officiated in a very good way, a lot better than many others. We were lucky in this case, or maybe German organization for this WC asked for a reliable and European referee to not have the same fate as Spain, Italy and Portugal. I don't know. Turkey did the same asking for an Italian referee in the match against Japan, so it's not a big surprise after all....
Shame on FIFA for this horrible WC. Next time it's Germany in 2006: let's hope they don't do the same mistakes.

tokim021
Jun 26th, 2002, 02:22 PM
Still, some of you guys complaining tells me that u underestimate the korean team...

Rei
Jun 26th, 2002, 05:26 PM
I think the greatest part of people here and everywhere else are not commenting and flaming the Korean team in particular way, but the quality of this WC in general.