PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy Bebop Knockin' On Heaven's Door

AsylumEscapee
Jun 24th, 2002, 04:49 AM
I've just finished watching Cowboy Bebop Knockin' On Heaven's Door and simply put, it left me wanting more. So I come to you, anime frea.. Anime fans. What movie would you recommend to someone who was just blown away by Knockin' On Heaven's Door? I'm looking for something with similar style.

Cannibal Clown
Jun 24th, 2002, 03:49 PM
IU've never seen the movie yet, but I want to very badly. Where did you saee it, because I don't even remember it comming out in America yet, so I can't see it.

But anyway, I love the series, so I have a pretty good idea of what it's like. So maybe I can help you find more of the same. But considering how great cowboy bebop is, It'll be hard to find anything that can't even compare tothe movie. Currently I can't think of anything.

Maybe if you saidn what yopu loved about it so much, then I could help yuou out, because It's a movie with a lotof different aspects to it. So please be more specific.

Reid
Jun 24th, 2002, 03:58 PM
I can't really think of another movie that compares to Knockin' on Heaven's Door, because of how unique it is from most other anime movies.

If you want more of the same type of style (within the same series) however, you should check out the Cowboy Bebop series if you haven't already.

merylsilverburg
Jun 25th, 2002, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Reid
I can't really think of another movie that compares to Knockin' on Heaven's Door, because of how unique it is from most other anime movies.

If you want more of the same type of style (within the same series) however, you should check out the Cowboy Bebop series if you haven't already.

Very true. The CB series is truly unique and I don't think much compares to it. Although a lot of people say that CB and Trigun are similar, I feel they are not, so I also cannot recommend anything else that comes close to the action, drama, and comedy of CB. But, like Reid said, check out the series if you haven't already, since the movie is supposed to tie-in between 2 episodes, though it doesn't add to the original plot. And, like CC said, why don't you say what you liked about the movie and we can help you find something similar to it. :)

BTW, Reid! Where have you been? Welcome back! :happy:

AsylumEscapee
Jun 25th, 2002, 07:29 AM
The series I have seen.

IU've never seen the movie yet, but I want to very badly. Where did you saee it, because I don't even remember it comming out in America yet, so I can't see it.
I belive in the unfair, illegal trading of media. Kazaa, my friend.

Forget it, I guess.

Right now, I'm downloading all episodes of Cowboy Bebop. After that, I guess I'll move on to Trigun.
Oh, and if you're on of those people that are against, or even offended by anime downloaders.. tough.

Thanks for the help.

Qjij_jijQ
Jun 25th, 2002, 08:32 AM
In order to understand 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door', do you have to see the serie first ? Please tell me that you don't... :laugh:

AsylumEscapee
Jun 25th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Naw, I didnt think so.

Cannibal Clown
Jun 25th, 2002, 10:06 PM
I was dowloading the movie a long time ago, but with my 56k piece of crap,I only got about 20% of it completed before I canceled it. Same with excaflowne the movie. But I have the DVD of that one comming in about a month. The 23 of july is when it comes out.

merylsilverburg
Jun 25th, 2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Qjij_jijQ
In order to understand 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door', do you have to see the serie first ? Please tell me that you don't... :laugh:

No you don't have to see the series in order to see the movie. Although it's supposed to be in between episodes 22 and 23, the plot has absolutely nothing to do with the main storyline, so whenever you feel like watching it, you can just pop it in and enjoy. :)

BowevelJoe
Jun 29th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Yeah, the movie is completly separate from the series itself, and yes, it kicks ass :) I wish there was a Trigun movie though, the end of that series seemed extremely rushed...

Movies that compare you say? I dunno..but see Spriggan if your in the mood for some nonstop violence...

Cowboy Bebop is one of those completely original series, it has zen, and well....good luck trying to find something that even compares, i doubt there will be anything able to compare with it, in its on little genre i mean.

Vicious_2003
Jul 12th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Wow, I just rushed to my Imesh and started d loading Knockin on Heavens Door, I cant wait, I stayed up till around 1:00 every night last year to catch the CB series, it was absolutely awesome !. Sadly it was my first anime experience but after that there will definately be more, I was just sucked into that show, the action, the storylines, all of it just excited me big time, Im about to burst waiting on this movie its at 2 and a half hours now, hope it hurrys

Uchiha Sasuke
Aug 20th, 2002, 10:28 PM
Sorry for the old thread resurrection but i'm very curious about the movie.I just finished up the series (which brought a tear to my eye for its greatness) and i want more.Is this in japan only or is it going to be english dubbed soon and brought over to the states.Someone give me some info.

merylsilverburg
Aug 21st, 2002, 11:39 AM
*nods* Yes, it's going to be brought over to the states and is licensed and I believe, dubbed. :)

Uchiha Sasuke
Aug 21st, 2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
*nods* Yes, it's going to be brought over to the states and is licensed and I believe, dubbed. :)

O thanx meryl.Can't wait until its brought over.

MADRUCKIS
Aug 21st, 2002, 07:02 PM
Alright

As most of the New Yorkins know or don't know

August 27th, 2002 @ 7:45 pm
Special Screening of the Cowboy Bebop Movie

Only @ the 42nd Street Virgin Record Store Multiplex as a part of the Annual Anime fest.

Be there or be square, space cowboys! I'll be there
I'll be the one hollerin like a wild bunny on fire!!!!!!
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:roll:

merylsilverburg
Aug 22nd, 2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by MADRUCKIS
Alright

As most of the New Yorkins know or don't know

August 27th, 2002 @ 7:45 pm
Special Screening of the Cowboy Bebop Movie

Only @ the 42nd Street Virgin Record Store Multiplex as a part of the Annual Anime fest.

Be there or be square, space cowboys! I'll be there
I'll be the one hollerin like a wild bunny on fire!!!!!!
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:roll:

Augh...*feels as if been stabbed* I'm so jealous of you, man. I hear about Anime Fest and all those Anime Conventions and all and I always wish I could be there. Tell us how it is, man, though I'm sure we all know the answer: :cool:

MADRUCKIS
Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:35 PM
Hows this for a promise from the Ruckis

I'll post pictures from the site and everything. I love pics and I'll show you instead of tell ya....hows that?

merylsilverburg
Aug 24th, 2002, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by MADRUCKIS
Hows this for a promise from the Ruckis

I'll post pictures from the site and everything. I love pics and I'll show you instead of tell ya....hows that?

Ah, sweet, thanks man! :D :D

MADRUCKIS
Aug 29th, 2002, 08:33 PM
pictures in development.........

you'll like em.

The movie.......awesome!!! I had to pull some strings to get in trust me....I actaully had to be civil and by the pictures you'll see what I mean. I'll post em tommorow.