PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy anime: flop in Japan!

Black Heart
Jun 22nd, 2002, 07:57 PM
I was browsing the web and I stumbled on a site (can't remember the URL, sorry) telling that the anime called "final Fantasy" is a flop, even in Japan. Now I wonder: after what happened to FF movie, why they wanted to try something different from videogames AGAIN? It's clear that Squaresoft ain't so good regarding any other thing, apart from making videogames.

Do you think it's good for a videogaming company to make an anime series if they have no experiences in this field?

Cannibal Clown
Jun 23rd, 2002, 04:10 PM
Well,the final fantasy anime is quite old.Fromlike in the days before the playstation. So it might be simply because of the age, in caparison to the video games. I know of some more recent ones, but they still don't look so good. But I've never seen any of thyem, so I can't help in the matter. But yeah, video games to movies, expesially anime, never turns out very good. But then again, some video games from anime titles have turned out quite popular in Japan, and for us in america, who actually get the imported games online, they are considerd pretty good.

Reid
Jun 24th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Well, I saw an episode of the show, Final Fantasy : Unlimited (I'm pretty sure that's the name) that came out late last year and was running on Japanese TV pretty recently and it was quite awful.

I, unlike a lot of people (I think) actually liked the Final Fantasy movie, but the anime they've produced so far (including the older stuff) hasn't been too great.

Frozen
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:04 AM
Well, I also liked the movie, but just from the point of view it was a great job in the matter of animation, now, it was disgusting regarding inal Fantasy, it doesn't have a shi7 of FF at all. That was disappointing. But either way I liked it.

And well, if they make great video games, I don't see a reason they can not make a good anime. They could just make it like if it was going to be the story of a RPG, and just then animate it. It would be badass. I haven't seen Unlimited yet so I have no idea how good or bad it is.

Macceh^
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:02 AM
god another person who beleives the movie contained no ff features.

It certainly did just look at the ending, remind you of ff7? Ive written so many long replies about this I cant be bothered this timebut ill say this. It contains all the complexity and development of the characetrs as the game and if youve played ff7 dont you think the end screams lifestream?

Pu the Owl
Jun 27th, 2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Macceh^
god another person who beleives the movie contained no ff features.

It certainly did just look at the ending, remind you of ff7? Ive written so many long replies about this I cant be bothered this timebut ill say this. It contains all the complexity and development of the characetrs as the game and if youve played ff7 dont you think the end screams lifestream?

Not regarding the anime, which I've heard it's pretty bad... And anyway, I'm not interested in watching it.
I think the idea behind FF movie is the same that lies behind the greatest part of FF games, especially FF7. I don't think that only because the movie lacked of features like swords, magic or chocobos it wasn't FF style.

Friza
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:51 AM
I haven't seen the anime. I was going to and most likly still will. ( I have to see everything for myself.) As for the movie. I own it (only because of the name not because I liked it.) the animation was great, but the story was half heartly done. It contained some elements from FF, but even those elements wheren't called by the right names. I was expecting to see at least one Summone. Come on. One Odin, or Titan. But no! what do I get. A lot of ornge colored ghost. they called the Life Stream Gia. Which isn't right. (I know it has other names besides Life Stream, but that is my personal favorate.) Pretty much I was let down. But for the plus side. There was points where I forgot it was an CG movie and thought it was live action.