PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this last world cup so far?

Carlito
Jun 22nd, 2002, 12:08 PM
I've heard many persons disgusted by the way this thing is going.
Someone says some matches are robbed (like Portugal's, Italy's, Spain's and Belgium's ones plus many others).
I'm a great football fan and I remember your posts at the beginning of the world cup. I'm kinda disappointed now by the whole thing.
Don't want to seem rude or malicious, but it seems Korea planned a final with Brazil from the beginning...

happy_doughnut
Jun 22nd, 2002, 06:16 PM
Man, I for one am completely disgusted with the way things turned out http://216.40.201.38/cwm/cwm/angryfire.gif This WC was full of surprises.
In the beginning, two of the favorites to win the Cup this year ( Argentina and France ) were eliminated. I guess that was all fair though. But as the rounds got closer to the end, I can't help but feel that there's some sort of " black hand " in this WC. I mean, how the HECK did Korea manage to beat Italy and Spain! I'm sorry but... what does Korea know about soccer dammit ?!?
There are so many controversies going about Italy's games. I mean, in the game vs. Korea, everytime Vieri ( sp ? ) touched a ball,they would call an off side. There were times when it was true but mostly, they weren't. He was in perfectly good postions !
At least one foul or off side was called in every game when there really wasn't. Jee. Italy is my favourite team and I can't help but feel completely annoyed ! :frust:
Oh and now Korea beat Spain. What the hell ! They invalidaded two perfectly good goals to Spain. Not one but two! And one of them was even in the additional time. Spain had already one with that ! The ball never left the field. I just cannot believe the refs. He was horrible. Bah, I bet they paid him :mad:
But about the " surprises ", Senagal, who made their first debute in a WC made it all the way to the quarter finals. I think that was a great accomplishment. The US, ( even though they beat Mexico which happened to be another of my favorites ) played very well this year too. In the WC of 1998, they placed at the very last. This year, they too made it all the way to the quarter finals. I guess those were the only things I found enjoyable. Even though I LOVE soccer, I cannot believe that they're letting teams cheat :mad:
Grr. I hope Turkey wins !

Black Heart
Jun 22nd, 2002, 06:59 PM
I completely agree with what Mena said in her post. This WC is no good at all. Nearly all the matches played by Koreans were robbed and only because they want to win this damn thing, 'cause they're co-hosts. The want to win, but their victory will be ruined by the dirty trick they played to other teams.
I also hope Turkey wins now, at least they have played a decent football without offending others.

Blow_Me_909
Jun 22nd, 2002, 07:06 PM
i know this WC is so diff sum teams like romania, yugoslavia, colombia and sum others dint make the cup, france and argentina, croatia out in the 1st round then korea eliminates 2 amazing teams italy and spain, i just think that this cup might have been riged or sumthin

Faile
Jun 22nd, 2002, 07:15 PM
i disagree. the koreans have shown an incredible level of fitness all throughout the worldcup .

they've been lucky, but who that does well in the worldcup isn't ?

england were unlucky to go out to brazil for instance, thus depressing everybody in this country on friday .

oh well .

Black Heart
Jun 22nd, 2002, 07:22 PM
Having referees and linesmen to officiate all matches in favour of Korea throughout ALL the WC ain't luck...
I'd call it in another way... :disturb:

Faile
Jun 22nd, 2002, 07:26 PM
the decisions haven't all gone their way. its just like that sometimes, it appears to .

Harry
Jun 22nd, 2002, 07:27 PM
I'm disgusted. The invalidated something like 4-5 REGULAR goals to Italy... and what has happened today with Spain was terrible... I couldn't believe my eyes.

happy_doughnut
Jun 22nd, 2002, 07:31 PM
Nooo... they cheated ! What more proof do you want after today's game vs. Spain ? Two goals were invalidaded. The first one it was because they called a foul that never existed. The second, man, they just took away Spain's victory by saying that that ball when out of bounds ! :mad: It didn't ! Anyone could see that it was still in for cryin' out loud !
They're not lucky, they're just riggin' the whole thing !

Black Heart
Jun 22nd, 2002, 07:34 PM
Maybe you haven't watched the whole thing, but I did, and till now no referee ended damaging South Korea, never in this Cup.

If we don't want to think they paid them to win the Cup, at least let's say they have chosen really terrible referees who were not able to officiate a WC.

BTW, I think there's something rotten in this tournament. Portugal, Italy and Spain paid to let Korea reach the semifinals. And they paid not only because South Korea played a better football, but because something went wrong during their matches... I'd add to this list also Belgium and USA, who had to go home to make Koreans play against Germany (three times winner of the WC) and Brazil ( four times winner). Do you think it's a coincidence? I don't think so... South Koreans wanted to show they can beat all the strongest teams ever and I have the suspect they have planned this from the beginning. Let's face the reality: one of the most important FIFA's men is a Korean and he will be a candidate for the next elections to be president of South Korea. Not telling crap, it's waht many newspapers said. Do you still think it's a coincidence that he wanted to win this thing to win the elections in the next future? Well, if you do, you don't really know how things work in this world...

I have nothing against South Korean people, but I would be ashamed to see my country win in this way.

Harry
Jun 22nd, 2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Black Heart
Do you think it's a coincidence? I don't think so... South Koreans wanted to show they can beat all the strongest teams ever and I have the suspect they have planned this from the beginning.

Black, very good point. I think the same.

Miki
Jun 22nd, 2002, 08:14 PM
The only thing I can say, not being a football expert, is that I find the whole WC question really scary... :shock:

Black Heart
Jun 22nd, 2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Harry

Black, very good point. I think the same.

Thanks, and luckily we're not the only ones to think like this.
I've been to other Sports Forums and Chats to hear some opinions, and the greatest part of people have the same suspect and refused to watch this WC anymore.
Hope this lessons will be remembered when Germany hosts the WC in 2006, so we don't have to see anything like this again.

tokim021
Jun 22nd, 2002, 09:43 PM
ok im korean and very pissed off by this "wtf, korea is doing good bull ****" You guys are just pissed cause the world powers lost... this is bs

kupoartist
Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:53 AM
"As a citizen of the country of England I hearby declare that hosting a World Cup has no effect on how far the hosting country will get in the tournament. Not even if that 3rd goal wasn't in...."

Yeah it does seem a bit suspicous doesn't it. I just think it sucks that its Korea and not Japan who're "doing well" as it does seem that they were deserving of their wins... plus they're just Japan and that washes great with me ^_^

At least the big clubs like Argentina and France went out... Simply, they're crap ^_^ (France hosted the last world cup and won... and bombed out of this one... Could be as much of a fix as 1966... I didn't say that BTW... :laugh: )

Black Heart
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:31 AM
tokim, I'm from the Netherlands and we didn't even take part to the first turns of this WC, so I don't care who wins the cup in the end. I said I have nothing against South Koreans who are happy for the results and I have nothing against players. But I have many things against FIFA and referees who took part to this WC. They ruined a show that always granted great excitement not only for those who liked their countries to win, but also for those who simply love football: a clean and fair football game, not what we have seen this year. The same thing happened at the Seul's Olympic games back in 1988. I was even surprised after that events they decided to let Korea host a WC. If you don't know what I'm talking about, maybe it's because you're too young to remember.

Rei
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:46 AM
I would be a liar not telling that I'm more than worried for my country (Germany) after what I've seen happening to the previous ones. Germany haven't played a brilliant football, that was instead played by many other teams that now are at home (like first of all England or Senegal), but I don't want them to be beaten because of stupid linesmen or referees not able to officiate a fair game! tokim, I'd be happy to see my country win as well, but I wouldn't like to see it win not for real superiority, but for the help of not experienced men to officiate the match. Not only the countries involved in this "scandal" are telling the stuff that BH posted in his posts, but also the ones who are not involved, so what's the interest for them? The fact is that so many bad coincidences happened that is impossible now to not be suspicious about it.
tokim, don't you think bad referees are ruining your pride of having a good team, always acting like that and making other think you can't win without their help? That would be annoying. I'd rather win because of my skills than being told I'm cheating, and if I cannot reach the Cup, at least I'd feel really proud for the achieved results. It'll be difficult for others to trust football anymore now, to trust that the best team in the end is the winner. FIFA must be aware of the problem, and choose more carefully everything next time.

And BTW, yeah, I remember what happened in the Olympic games in 1988 and the situation was really similar to the one of this WC.

Faile
Jun 24th, 2002, 09:41 AM
ah come on . its just football.

france had a poor defence and didn't score any goals .
italy were outclassed by south korea and croatia.
argentina were far too bigheaded .
and spain should have gone out to ireland .

tis just the way things go . england should have beaten brazil, but didn't . oh well .

Pu the Owl
Jun 24th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Faile
ah come on . its just football.

france had a poor defence and didn't score any goals .
italy were outclassed by south korea and croatia.
argentina were far too bigheaded .
and spain should have gone out to ireland .

Yes, it's only football, but I wouldn't say Italy and Spain were only outclassed. You should watch the matches again and see that to Italy 5 goals were invalidated for no reason during 3 matches, and to Spain 2 during the quarters. This is not what can be considered fair game.