PDA

View Full Version : The End of Evangelion

Qjij_jijQ
Jun 20th, 2002, 09:31 AM
Okay, I never saw it... but I heard it was really confusin'.

I don't know if you fans already know this, but I recently read in a magazine that:

The first part ("Death") is a strange summary of the first 24 episodes with emphasis on "new character insight." The second part ("Rebirth") is an alternate -- and theoretically, more clear-cut -- version of the events that went down in Episode 25 of the series. Confused ? You will be. But don't worry... The End of Evangelion -- Gainax's next attempt to explain the series' ending -- is scheduled to be released on DVD on September 24, 2002. - DVDPro

Well, hope this will help you guys... :D

Pu the Owl
Jun 20th, 2002, 11:26 AM
End of EVa and Rebirth are the OAVs of Eva series. They made them to clear some doubts Japanese audience expressed when watching the last episodes of the series. They're kinda optional, as the last two episodes themselves and I haven't watched Rebirth yet. To me, the real series ends with episode 24 and this is also for other EVA fans. The two movies are more or less a way to make some aspects of the original series clearer and to explain what happened towards the end of it. I know many previously EVA supporters that began to hate this series because of the last episodes and also because of the movies, which they described as unuseful and too complicated stuff to make you enjoy Evangelion. A real Eva fan should watch them, but if you're not a great fan of this series, you'll probably think Gainax turned the series into crappy and complicated stuff and you won't appreciate them so much. Anyway, you absolutely don't have to watch the movies if you haven't watched the whole show. Apart from the spoilers thing, you won't understand a thing of what is shown in the movies if you don't have a good knowledge of the series. They're not like CB movie or other famous series movies, completely indipendent from the main plot. If you don't know Eva, you absolutely can't start with these movies. It's for your own sake :laugh:

Qjij_jijQ
Jun 20th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Believe me Fortune... I had no intention to start with the movies...
I was just sayin' that to inform the 'real' EVA fans.

I know practically nothin' about the series, but I'd like to know what you think 'the end' was tryin' to say... could you do that for me ?

Cannibal Clown
Jun 20th, 2002, 04:27 PM
I am a die hard Eva fan, and like I posted before, the end confused the heck out of me. So I'm really looking forward to buying the movies. Hope it helps.