PDA

View Full Version : Jet Set Radio: Future

merylsilverburg
Jun 20th, 2002, 05:04 AM
If anyone here has played this game at all, could you please tell me whether the game is good or not? I played the original one on Dreamcast and just fell in love with this game, but I heard that this sequel isn't that great. I just need to know: Is it true? :weep:

BlackThornn
Jun 20th, 2002, 11:53 AM
I played it.. It's pretty addictive. :D

I only played it at my bud's house though. Not *much* experience with it so I don't know about the lastability of the game, but it has good gameplay. Three hours passed in like fifteen minutes, and when a game does that you know it's cool. :D

Of course, that is just my opinion, you will want to try it out for yourself at a store or somewhere before getting it.

Pimp_Daddy507
Jun 20th, 2002, 12:39 PM
I played JSR Future, I own the original JSR for Dreamcast though, the graphics r jus as good as the xbox version, but the gameplay is a little better on xbox

merylsilverburg
Jun 25th, 2002, 05:19 AM
Thanks for your help, BlackThornn and Pimp_Daddy (though you're banned so you can't read this). I've been wanting this game so badly ever since it came out and I'm going to get an X-Box soon (hopefully) so I'm going to pick this game up first. Thanks again! :happy:

KraftSLU
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:57 PM
meryl, I would seriously consider renting this one. It is a very addicting game, but after the addiction wears off there is very very little replay value to it. I played the heck out of it until I beat it, then I never played it again. Also, I love the soundtrack, but it is a very... umm... distinct type of music. Some people love it, some people hate it to the point it ruins the game for them.

Sword 4 Hire
Jun 28th, 2002, 04:56 PM
Meryl as a Jet Setter like yourself I'll give you my thoughts on the game since I own it...the graphics are gorgeous...the game sparkles with neon lights and tons of buildings...but it's enough to get lost in. With all the lights and people in my face I'll miss a grind or just plain get myself lost. As for the gameplay...basically the same. The characters...maybe a few new ones but mostly the same ol characters with their own futurized look...but it's boring...its not as good as the first...I mean when you spray paint all you do is tap the button and that section is done...no joystick movements or anything. Too easy...and from what I've played while I'm spray painting no one comes after me...I'm like what the hell? After your done paintin things up then the enemy comes and your trapped in a lil area where you have to spray em. But I haven't gottin far so I dunno if this changes as you progress. The minor things they did change from the last game...are the one's they didn't need to in my opinion. I don't know if you'll feel the same but I haven't put much playing time into it...and I'm a huge Jet Grinder as well

BTW: Pick up Morrowind...it takes a lil while to get used to but trust me...that game is so awesome...it's a great summer game!

Sleazy P Martini
Jun 28th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Hey do you guys know that they're stopping production of JSRF?
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/363/363327p1.html

Sword 4 Hire
Jun 29th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Whoa...hey Meryl you better run to the store quick lol

merylsilverburg
Jul 3rd, 2002, 03:48 AM
Thanks for your help Krafts, Sword, and Sleazy. :) I hear a lot of people saying I should go rent it, but since I'm such a huge fan of this series (not to mention the soundtrack :cool: ) I guess I'll just buy it, even if it's not as good. And I guess I better just hurry and snag one since it's stopping production. :weep: Thanks again for your help guys and your article, Sleazy. :happy: