PDA

View Full Version : bring it back......

Macceh^
Jun 16th, 2002, 02:12 AM
yes in my opinion they should bring back the overworld in ff12, dont get me wrogn ff10 is great and all walking around taking in the beautifull crafted sights, but i love the overworld.

Whats your opinions.

Qjij_jijQ
Jun 16th, 2002, 07:10 AM
I'm not really a FF addict, so... what's the 'overworld' ? :D

IcyMourdor
Jun 16th, 2002, 09:06 AM
The "overworld" he is refering to is the world map. Like in FF7, you get to run around as Cloud on your travels to Kalm or Junon. Actually, I was kinda disappointed that i couldn't do it in FFX. Made it hard to find the Omega Ruins and some hard items.

Macceh^
Jun 16th, 2002, 03:32 PM
true does make it harder alltho without it makes it seme more of a "real" adventure

Sword 4 Hire
Jun 16th, 2002, 04:18 PM
I think without it, it took a large chunk out of the FF tradition...I personally like running around the world map

BlackThornn
Jun 18th, 2002, 01:01 AM
Hopefully Square will wise up and put the World Map back into FFXII.. without it FFX seemed horribly, horribly short, and even more linear.

One of the things I liked about FFVII and FFVIII (ff games I liked with the worldmap) was the freedom of what to do. The cool-at-the-time effects for flying about in the Highwind or the Ragnarok were not small factors in my liking it either, call me superficial if you will. *chuckles*

Female_Vivi
Jun 18th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Me 2, you could get a lot stronger by walking around it.

There should be 2 options,

Walking in the worldmap so you could go faster

Or take a chocobo or what ever and run over it without the monsters. (I mean a chocobo ALL THE TIME, and not just when there are chocosteps)