PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions I have About The Ps2 System

Pimp_Daddy507
Jun 15th, 2002, 06:51 PM
I've been curious about some things on the ps2 when I bought it last week, these are jus some questions ive been curious about since I bought it......

1. It says "Expansion Bay" on the back-lower side of the Ps2, what the hell is this, what does it do, and when will it come out?

2. The some bluish connection ports on the front-lower part of the Ps2, what is this?

3. When I start my ps2 up, i started to mess with the options and such and then i came upon some "disk speed" thing and it gave me two options to set it on, "STANDARD AND FAST", it was set on standard, and like anyone else, i set it to fast......does this make load times shorter or what? theres also another one that says texture smoothing or somethin like that.....what is this?

4.Whats the point of the switch in the back of the console? Why do i have to turn it on then press the reset button? I find no point in doing this

5. I heard the DVD sucked or was "lo pro" and the sound was weaker and overall it was weaker than the "Xbox"......Is this true? or are they the same quality?

6. Why does it come with only 2 controller ports? that sucks....

Answer as many as u like.........i jus need an answer to all these questions....thx

Ice Cold
Jun 15th, 2002, 07:24 PM
1. There is going to be a sony hard drive and modem coming out soon, (don't know the dates) called the HD Deck. I looks like the PS2 but wider and not as long. I believe that it will plug into the expansion bay.

2. Those are USB ports. Used for keyboards and steering wheels.

3. You can decide the speed to run a PSOne game. I have yet to get one, gut with PS2 there will be better graphics.

4. Don't Know. Kind of a pain isn't it. I don't know why they didn't put a power button on the front. Resetting it everytime isn't that bad though.

5. DVD's look great to me! Their have been people with DVD problems, but they usually don't even know the option screen exists.

6. Probably to make you buy a multitap. $35. Just as they could have supplied atleast 8 more MB of memory with know problem. They just want your $25

twiztidfreak69er
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:44 AM
bout the 6th ? same beleif just more money i hated that about the ps2 aswell