PDA

View Full Version : Stalin vs. Hitler.

happy_doughnut
Jun 15th, 2002, 12:33 AM
Who, in your opinion, was a more 'evil' and ruthless dectator ?

As we all might know, Hitler is often regarded as the worst "villain" in history. However, what about Stalin ? He was just as unmerciful as any other. I mean, just look at all the killings he made. All of his "purges" and what not.
Hitler was an appalling person as well. He and his " concentration camps " are something that will never be forgoten.

Personally, I think that they are both just as bad. After all, they showed no mercy towards anyone.

What are your thought on these two historical characters ?

*NOTE* This is meant to be a ' serious' topic... ok. I put in the mom and Mena things in there just... because :D

Capoeira
Jun 15th, 2002, 07:17 AM
I voted for you Mena, simply because it was there, you set yourself up for that one :laugh:.

Hadoken
Jun 15th, 2002, 07:36 AM
hitler wasnt all that tough. he killed himself shortly after getting married.:laugh:
guess the wife drove him crazy.:roll:
not that he wasnt already crazy. u know...
but yeah, he was one evil guy.

Hylas
Jun 15th, 2002, 08:11 AM
They both suck! My mom ain't so evil! And about Mena I can't tell, 'cause I don't know her much! I suppose she's not that evil!

Indrid Cold
Jun 15th, 2002, 09:45 AM
I agree with Capoeira!

Ice Cold
Jun 15th, 2002, 10:14 AM
I voted Hitler mainly because he is the only one I really know about. I know Stalin is evil too but I don't know exactly what he did. He didn't get as much publicity.

Mercury Shadow
Jun 15th, 2002, 07:45 PM
Hitler, he killed more people and torchered them worse.

Rohamgh
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
Hitler, he killed more people and torchered them worse.

Stalin killed more people. But none of them are EVIL. No human being has the capability of being EVIL, in my opinion.

Stalin did, however, help industrialize his country (something Hitler then destroyed), it's just he did it using unconventional methods. (yes, killing people). Joseph Stalin wasn't evil, he was just misleaded and a f*ck. it all comes to this: does the end justify the means???

Hitler, on the other hand. well, hitler we don't know much about now do we. We do know he was a megalomaniac wanting to take over the world, and he did start a war that killed millions...but other than that, all the other things are based on circumstancial evidence.

Don't flame me for the above. thats just IMO.

007_JamesBond
Jun 16th, 2002, 04:58 PM
Hitler mearly had a dream of cleansing the world, and he acted on it he took the enitiative and militiristically he was quite knowledgeable but his genocide costed him. And we took the world back

JC Denton
Jun 20th, 2002, 06:20 AM
i would stay stalin, because if a country can still be scarred of him ten years afler his death then that is sying something about the guy. People in russia used to be so scarred of him that they had to watch what they said everywhere they went and wouldn't dare say anything bad about him even to someone they considerd a great freind, but hitler had the better moustache

Faile
Jun 20th, 2002, 09:53 AM
eek, this sounds like the history exams i've been doing.

so on that note, i refuse to comment . :laugh:

Rohamgh
Jun 20th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Faile
eek, this sounds like the history exams i've been doing.

so on that note, i refuse to comment . :laugh:

In school they ask you questions on the rate of people's EVILNESS? damn bush is getting too influencial..........

Ruby Moon
Jun 21st, 2002, 02:32 PM
They both did horrible things, that really changed the flowing of history. They creted a lot of sufferings and sorrow in many people's lives. I can't vote for one of them. I'd like to vote for both.

I'm sure Mena ain't evil at all :D