PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Boss in FF Games

Neo_Soldier28
Jan 30th, 2002, 09:21 AM
I was just wondering but What was the hardest boss that you have ever fought n a final fantasy game????

LoRd BanShee
Jan 30th, 2002, 12:35 PM
The weapons of FF VII (especially the one near golden saucer)
However the lionhead in FF VIII is no wuss i think that since FF VII the difficulty of bosses has desintegrated to the level of some kind of arcade game!----->>>especially FF IX those bosses were the weakest i ever encountered:p

squall ff8

Spirit
Jan 30th, 2002, 12:38 PM
I think it was the omega weapon in ffVIII, since the weapons in FFVII could be easily diminished with knights of the round materia and similar things.... You can just master everything and then beat them like they were nothing...

Hylas
Jan 30th, 2002, 02:22 PM
I found Ozma very diffucult, in fact I ended the game without beating it. That stupid balloon! :mad:

jenova_jeb
Jan 30th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Ruby Weapon: FFVII. I never actually beat him. Too tough. The toughest boss I've ever beaten was the last boss in Final Fantasy IV (PSX version). He was tough.

IcyMourdor
Jan 30th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Zeromus from FF4. He can do thousands of damage to each character in one attack. Very hard to recover from.

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 30th, 2002, 06:46 PM
I've never taken on the Weopons but I don't really find any boss too difficult, I just make a lot of careless mistakes

MADRUCKIS
Jan 30th, 2002, 11:34 PM
Oh come on

Everyone got something they had probelms with.

When I beat the Ruby and Emerald weapons in FFVII, it was like I won the freakin Super Bowl or somethin'.
I agree with Hylas, Ozma was some sick boss. I finished the game without beating it also, I couldn't get all the spirit animals.

Lets not rule out those bosses in FFX in the Monster Arena. If your not built up and if you make the wrong move.......BOOM-lights out! I'm building up now to challenge those bastards.

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:06 PM
The Monster Arena is that hard?

jenova_jeb
Jan 31st, 2002, 08:28 PM
Yeah, those monsters were tough!I hit the first one with everyone I had, and I barely beat him (believe me, my guys were strong too!). Very hard.

LoRd BanShee
Feb 1st, 2002, 05:49 AM
I beat Ozma in one try he wasn't that hard actually i had all the SH*t equiped and stuff that really helped, i found the junctioning system so easy and well that it helped conquer almost every boss of the game in 1 try, besides when i know something is going to happen i return to the world map(if possible) and search for the hardest monsters, train for 3 days and go get that main boss!

MADRUCKIS
Feb 3rd, 2002, 09:33 PM
Like the big gamers do:

Yeah, I beat my first Monster Arena beast. I had my people built up on some crack cocaine...lol
It was a Tonberry created from Omega Dungeon-it was hitting me 50,000 a shot.
Thats the problem with them, they all have the break limit that can dismantell people in one move.

Reid
Feb 4th, 2002, 10:42 PM
Some of the bosses that have given me trouble in the games (keep in mind that I don't do side-quests or level up a lot) are the final bosses of FFVIII and FFX, and the wall-boss in FFVII right before you lose Aeris.

DreamSharpShooter
Feb 10th, 2002, 12:59 PM
is very difficult to say...ruby weapon needs a very preparated tactic, if you doesn't do the tactic simply you just lose and lose....
Final Fantasy X original seccion of monster is really dificult, my brother try against catrastophe and he is very, very powerful..and there are enemies that kill you in one attack...pretty hard..

solidus-snake
Feb 10th, 2002, 03:27 PM
i think omega weapon was pretty hard and the same 4 ozma but sephrioph was too easy as they invented knights of the round hmmmm.... that was clever
sum 1 answer my question on how to insert those pics into the writting like every1s doin plz sum 1 help me
number 1 what do i need to save it in (what file) to save it as a gif and other valid files thats all and what is a poll
plz state all the files availiable as i might not have specific 1 you mension thatx alot all!!!

Pu the Owl
Feb 10th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Omega Weapon was hard, also because I didn't have the necessary equipment to beat it...

synicalgohan91
May 29th, 2003, 11:48 PM
no way i would have to say the emerald weapon from final fantasy 7 was the hardest by far.

Preventer Wind
May 30th, 2003, 12:46 AM
I say Omega and Ruby from FFVII. I tried each once without a plan and just got wasted quickly. I finshed the game without beating them. Saw no point. You need Knights of te Round to beat them and you need a golden chocobo to get Knights of the Round. I also found breeing chocobos to be fun.

darius_the_2nd
May 30th, 2003, 05:27 AM
well, the hardest bosses by my reckoning are as follows

Ozma (ff9)
Ruby Weapon (ff7)
Emerald Weapon (ff7)
and i also agree that some of the bosses on the moster arena are really hard like that dragony type thing that shoots lasers, that thing is really hard to beat.
Also there are the dark aeons, the hardest one to beat is Dark Yojimbo, since you have to beat him about 5 times to kill it.

blindman
Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:48 AM
I think Ozma was too tough. And also i think all the Weapons you can optionally fight where too tough too. I found Ultemecia a bit tough too, but she was easier than it looked, but i didnt beat her...my friend did with his own game and i saw that you DO need the lionheart (damn lazy me).

ssjtrunks13
Jun 4th, 2003, 08:58 AM
The emerald weapon from FFVII, I beat the rubby weapon before but I can't seem to do it again, and the final boss in FFIV. The final boss in IV I was unable to beat without using gameshark at over level 85, I think I was at 89 last but not quite sure.

omni vengeance
Jun 9th, 2003, 07:09 PM
ruby weapon...all the way

SplinterJD
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:16 AM
all the Dark Aeons from FFX.;)

Jubei
Jul 7th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Omega Weapon was the hardest imo, no other boss had a single attack that did more than 9999 damage

Brit
Jul 24th, 2003, 08:50 PM
rotf i have to say i'm laughing at some of these answers

in ff7 - ruby and emerald weapons
ruby and emerald i would agree were diffcult, ruby was fairly annoying because he just whacked ppl out the action, didn't kill them just knocked em out the ring which meant u had to go head on fast and furious.

emerald was just a slut because he was underwater, though if u got the nesecarry materia which let u breathe under water for more than 15minutes it was a breeze if u were a high enough level (90+)

in ff8, every1 was beatable with ease
omega was a bit of a hoe if u didn't have the lionheart sword, but quite frankly if u didn't get lionheart there was no point playing the game. the lionheart makes ff8 the game it is
those that couldn't take on ultimecia, plz come on ur kidding right? most ppl can do her with one character at level 1 if the game permitted it

ff9 - there wasn't anybody
game was far to easy, and excessively boring i might add. by far the poorest ff in the series to date, with regard to gameplay. sotry was good, as were graphics but monsters were even ozma was too easily killable

ff10 - penance, ultima buster, nemesis
the dark aeons up to yojimbo are fairly straightforward if you have the top weapons, autophoneix/autolife and a load of limit breaks. jimbo and anima are very hard, i had to train excessively hard and practice waka's attack reels to do 12x 99,999 as well as getting tidus blizace up to a respectable 60,000 damage with each hit. ultima buster is just a slut coz its instant death, which really annoyed my defence coz i didn't have anything to block instant death. nemesis is just a god quite frankly and took me two days worth of battle before i finally managed to kill the git, tho i came close on several occasions

penance however, i've just given in on. the guy as far as i'm concerned is impossible. tho saying that i'm still trying every now and again to kill him, with little succes i might add. can take out jecht with one normal hit from tidus these days which does make me laugh

kupoartist
Jul 26th, 2003, 03:32 AM
most of the "hard bosses" weren't hard at all, so long as you had a decent enough method. Ruby weapon was easy as hell with 2 mime materias, and a W-Summon combination of Hades and KOTR. Most of my Materia wasn't even 2 stars for that fight. Any fight in FF8 was pretty simple, with enough Aura's, Ultima Junctions (to strength), the Lionheart limit break and the all important Holy Wars from a refined Gilgamesh Card.

Emerald was the only really hard battle. (I had high level Materia for that, though My characters were around the lvl60 mark.). I haven't tried the FFX bosses (and there appears to be many), because I was in too much of a hurry to complete the game and let it collect dust on the shelf.

Soon i'm going to try Shinryu and Omega in FF5... they're supposed to be really hard (mostly because in FF5, there isn't really a "walkover" move like in most of the recent FFs.)