PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy them?

jenova_jeb
Jan 29th, 2002, 10:00 PM
If they come out, will you purchase the remakes of Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX?

IcyMourdor
Jan 29th, 2002, 10:03 PM
Only if they added more missions and make the music sound up to date. FFVII music will be a lot better if the made the music again, not new music, just re-do the music.

Pu the Owl
Jan 29th, 2002, 10:08 PM
Yes, I think I'll get them when they come out.

Soul Angel
Jan 30th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Yeah I'll probably get them if they come out! :)

Neo_Soldier28
Jan 30th, 2002, 09:16 AM
I would have to get them just because i love the final fantasy games. I think they would be a must to get on my list

Spank-A-Thon
Jan 30th, 2002, 12:21 PM
FFVII, VII and IX remakes are not coming out. They have been taken off the Square release schedule.

Considering the various versions of PSOne FF's that are about (Greatest Hits, International versions and so on), it would not make commercial sense to spend all that money on re-vamping these games.

I would love to see FFVII with fully orchestrated soundtrack, PS2 quality graphics and such but it ain't gonna happen sadly. It would simply cost too much to do.

Why would people want to spend $40 on a game that is available for $20 on Greatest Hits? Why would people buy the same game again? Obviously purists and completists would - but when there are versions already available that work on PS2 it would be financially suicidal to expect the mass market to pay for the same game again.

There is no reference now on Square's Jap site about the remakes (or at list it isn't where it used to be.)

- S

Spirit
Jan 30th, 2002, 12:35 PM
well I don't think I could go back to those pixels of ff games.... I'm sorry guys but ps2 spoiled me too much!!!

jenova_jeb
Jan 30th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by spiritslayer
well I don't think I could go back to those pixels of ff games.... I'm sorry guys but ps2 spoiled me too much!!!

Ditto. I've been having trouble trying to play PSX games. They're so ugly :( . But if they were re-released for PS2, with great graphics, I think that[d be great!

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 30th, 2002, 06:41 PM
I'm playin X (again) and finishing up 8 at the same time, wow what a difference in graphics, those old games really hurt your eyes.

Pearl
Jan 31st, 2002, 05:11 AM
Sorry, but I think it's stupid considering a game better only because it has best graphics.
Many of old NES games, or many PC games are still my faves, and I won't change my mind only because they don't look so smooth or spectacular.
Still, I think other elements are more important than graphics in a game.

BTW, Square is not sure about the release of those remakes in the future. They will probably make them come out, if they need money.

Neo_Soldier28
Jan 31st, 2002, 09:33 AM
I would love to see them remake it will the technology of the ps2 with the graphics wise that would be cool

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:04 PM
I'm sorry but when I'm playing an rpg, I like to be able to see my characters features without squinting. I though agree that great rpg's arent all about the graphics but it's such an added bonus!

jenova_jeb
Jan 31st, 2002, 08:31 PM
VII was the hardest to play with the graphics. I actually prefer Chrono Tigger's graphics more then those ones :eek: . It didn't make it a bad game. Heck, it's one of my all time favorite movies!! But the graphics are nasty :rolleyes: .

Soul Angel
Feb 1st, 2002, 09:42 AM
If they ever did redo FF7,8 & 9 for the PS2 then I'll be defintly getting FF7 if they re done the graphics etc
that would be really good!