PDA

View Full Version : Xtremely Happy New Member!

tokim021
Jun 9th, 2002, 09:12 PM
Ok for this whole day, I've been trying to activate my account (yea... really) my activation code wouldn't work etc... so in waiting for my "activation request email" I've been checking out some of the stuff you guys talk about... Stuff I've noticed

-spirit makes dam good graphics
-no flames (?)

YEA!

WOOHOO!

Um... ok time to break the ice... I don't own a ps2 but when I go over to Cali over summer vacation, I can get enough cash (RELATIVES=$$) to buy a ps2... SO I HAVE A FEW NEWBIE-PS2 QUESTIONS!

1. What game should I get first?

-I typically enjoy all games except sport, and fighting mainly
because I don't enjoy playing them alone...
-I like games that are full of excitement, rich in detail, bubbling in action/story
-Finally, I want a game that can truly hook me onto the ps2 scale and kind of give me that "gee, way to start off with a ps2! feeling"

2. BBA adaptor?

-I read my friend's issue of PSM magazine (the one with Aragorn in the front cover). yes yes good for me. I read the BBA Adaptor section and it said in order to configure your network settings, you have to enter your login and password... what if you have a cable connection that needs no login? (correct me if i read the article wrong)

Yes, I am very happy to be in this forum... =)

Spirit, if your reading this, make me a sig... please... *drool*:laugh:

Spirit
Jun 9th, 2002, 09:18 PM
hey bud O_o I actually noticed I was the first one to reply! Never happened b4 O_o
oh well I'll make you a sig, it'd be a pleasure and just pm me what you'd like on it or email me(faster sometimes)
I mean color college/character/images on it :D
oh and have fun posting here :D

Black Heart
Jun 9th, 2002, 09:21 PM
Tokim, nice to see you!
Maybe it took you so long to receive the authorization because there was a problem with your email account...Sometimes it happens that a message take much time to be delivered.
But now you're here: enjoy your stay :D

Regarding games, I suggest you to take a look at posts in the gaming forums, so you can have an idea of what people like.
I think the most popular games for PS2 (not counting Sports and Fighting as you said above) are Metal Gear Solid 2, Final Fantasy X, Grand Theft Auto 3 and maybe Silent Hill 2. At least these are the games I see everywhere and they're all damn good games!

tokim021
Jun 9th, 2002, 10:19 PM
wussup black heart!
Thanks for the info on new games...

-is ZOE a good game? looks cool...
-I beat MGS2 in very easy over a friends house in a 3 day sleep over =)... so im gonna wait for my dose of adrenaline to settle till substance comes out...
-GTAIII... ahhh... sadly, it just doesnt fit me... don't get me wrong i love this game but, runnign over people and stealign cars DOES kinda get boring (well atleast for me)
-frontline looks dam good
-spirit hope u got my email... btw my email is [email protected]

Rei
Jun 10th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Hi tokim and welcome!
You asked if ZOE is good: I love it! It's mainly because mechas in it look simply amazing, but it's a good game, even if not a long one.

kupoartist
Jun 10th, 2002, 12:53 PM
welcomes to the new guy ^_^

I'd recommend all the games everyone said above (Including the ones I dont personally like ^_^) as they're experts on this kinda stuff compared to me (I actually dont have a PS2 :shock: )

Sword 4 Hire
Jun 10th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Welcome...

Why not try FFX...it's "bubbling" in action and story....and really shows off the power of the PS2!

JC Denton
Jun 10th, 2002, 02:57 PM
hi.....

;)

Spirit
Jun 10th, 2002, 06:30 PM
well I made him the sig, so I hope he knows how to put it in and upload it O_o if not I can do that as well :D