PDA

View Full Version : Dog Tag Collection

Ice Cold
Jun 9th, 2002, 07:22 PM
I just bought MGS2 the other day (my first PS2 game:happy: ) and was extremely impressed by the games long playability, and kick@$$ storyline.

Perfect 10 for Konami!!!

Unfortunately I have yet to play it's predocessor Metal Gear. :weep:

Anyway, I need help with the DogTags. I've completed the game on VERY EASY (what can I say, I'm a newbie) and collected only 1 dog tag. :disgust:

I now plan on going back and collecting them all. I just need to know how to hold a guard up! I get get him to freeze with no problem but he just stands there like an idiot. Can you get a guards tags without being face to face?

Sorry for rambling but I need help. Any tips would be great!

tokim021
Jun 9th, 2002, 09:25 PM
i think you have to kick them in the ass and then...

nah...

i think you have to go up behind them and draw your gun...
make sure your close enough... if you did it right solid/raiden will yell- freeze! and then you should aim for the head with ur gun and the guard will start shaking and a dog tag should pop out... then u can pop em in the head

Ice Cold
Jun 10th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the advise tokim.:)

Do all guards have Dog Tags. Someone told me that guards with tags show a blinking light/reflection on their chest. Is that true?

ocelot
Jun 11th, 2002, 07:52 AM
yeh, thats true. If you use termo goggles you can see does the guard have a dog tag.

Ice Cold
Jun 11th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Alright, that's pretty sweet. I'll try that.

Socom
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:38 AM
I finished #2 and after playing it I tryed MGS1. I couldn't even play for a minute. The graphics are so $h1T compared to MGS2. It makes the eyes water for a day just to play a minute of the first one. MGS1 would have been the best with 128 bit graphics!!!

ocelot
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:19 AM
If game is good enough, who cares about the graphics.

RobHardo
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:39 PM
Ye i figured it out when me and my friend were playng the demo he got from Zone of the Enders which sux badly, But anyway it was cool, but what i like best in the game is how you can grab a guard from behind and hold him for a bit, it's totally cool.

Solidus
Jul 15th, 2002, 07:05 AM
Some dag tags are very tricky to get in the Plant, but, I'm always up for a good challenge;)

-Solidus, report done.

Frozen
Aug 8th, 2002, 03:46 PM
The easiest way to get a guard's dog tag is by, as already been said, pointing the gun at their back, close enough, so Raiden or Snake will yell "Freeze!" Now, as they are with their hands up like idiots, you got to walk infront of him to point the gun at their face so they'll ask you not to shoot them. The only thing you have to do is to keep L1 pressed at the mean time you got pressed square, so you can walk infront them while still aiming your gun (if you stop aiming they may try to take advantage and shoot you) if you understand all what I've said, you'll see that is freaking easy to do it.

But come on man, that game is freaking easy in normal. Even for newbies. Try it ;)