PDA

View Full Version : Do you love your country?

Black Heart
Jun 9th, 2002, 06:56 PM
The question is clear, isn't it?
Belonging to a country doesn't mean you have to love it, and being born in a certain location and then living in another one could mean you love your place of origin but not the place you're living in.
Just wanted to know, also to understand what exactly do you consider as your country.

IcyMourdor
Jun 9th, 2002, 08:05 PM
I love where I live. If you work hard, you better your chances at becoming successful. Our gov't tries to make everything work, but hasn't been going so well.

happy_doughnut
Jun 9th, 2002, 08:42 PM
Well, I suppose... nah. I don't "love" my country. But don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against it ( well, nothing I'm about to discuss in the open :D ), I just don't don't really care :disturb: I think that I feel this way mainly because I don't like the state I live in. I think it's a wretched state :mad: Sure, there are a lot of opportunities, yet at the same time, it's hard to be able to grasp one.
So with that being said, no, I don't "love" my country... but I rather live here than any other country. If you understand what I'm saying good, if not, oh well.

Mercury Shadow
Jun 9th, 2002, 09:28 PM
Yes, the USA is great.

Mena, where do you live?

Sleazy P Martini
Jun 10th, 2002, 08:24 AM
Yeah I love my country. Canada is a great place to live. Have a beer eh. :laugh:

Rei
Jun 10th, 2002, 12:00 PM
I love Germany, the place where I was born. My town was nice place to live and I love German people. As for the place where I'm living now, I still have to completely get used to it. :P

trunks69420
Jun 10th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Yes, I love where i live; BUT: This country is supposed to be free, right(USA)??
Well, i turned 18 last week and i got something in the mail that proved to me just how "FREE" this country really is! It is called the SSS: selective service system, which IMO is just another name for the draft!! You must fill out this form or else face a felony charge, 5 years in prison, and/or $250,000 in fines! In this "free" country where everyone is supposed to have a voice, there certainly is a question of Tyrany on our country's policies. Maybe this is just me, maybe im crazy, but i know that this is major SH*T!! Does anyone else have an opinion?

Rei
Jun 10th, 2002, 12:37 PM
The paradox of freedom is that nobody is really and completely free. Otherwise there would be the total anarchy.

kupoartist
Jun 10th, 2002, 12:46 PM
The UK is a wonderful place. But I have my own personal reasons for why I could never truely claim to love it.
But then, I'd also argue that I don't particuarly love this World anyway. They'll always be some ******* to ruin it for you and me. I guess you just have to grin and bare the petty-minded simpleness of society around you. :happy:

Edit: I feel that word wasn't exactly a naughty one. But its got somthing to do with bottoms for the curious ^_^

Sword 4 Hire
Jun 10th, 2002, 02:42 PM
I've got so much US Pride that it isn't even funny!!

GO USA!!!!!!!!! lol

happy_doughnut
Jun 10th, 2002, 05:33 PM
Haha S4H.
Yeah... the US is good... it its own distinctive way.

Anyway... to answer your question Merc, I live in... you guessed it, California :blergh:

Sword 4 Hire
Jun 10th, 2002, 06:08 PM
You don't like Cali Mena?

I don't know...I've always wanted to visit there

Mercury Shadow
Jun 10th, 2002, 06:46 PM
Ohhh yeah Mena, I remember you telling me a long time ago that you lived in california, but I have such a bad memory! I've always wanted to visit CA also... so many towns with cool stuff, and E3 was in CALI!

happy_doughnut
Jun 10th, 2002, 07:33 PM
No... it's just not my type of place. Although, it's odd because I have always lived here. There's just too many people here... they tend to give me convulsions x_x
Hey... I'll trade places with any of you! C'mon... it's nice and sunny here!

Mercury Shadow
Jun 10th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Which city do you live near that's big, Mena? (ex. San Fran or Sacremento).

You can always come live here in Virginia, but I think there might be more people in my town than yours :confused: Course, you'd have to get used to my parents :D

happy_doughnut
Jun 10th, 2002, 08:39 PM
Heh heh. Maybe there are more people in your town. I live in a rather small place. The outsides, however, are a different thing... very overpopulated if you ask me.
Heh, I'm sure I can get adjusted to your parents easily :D
I'm well-mannered... so they'll like me :D

Ah... I live right by Los Angeles. Yes, I'm just an hour away from LA. I was so close to E3, wasn't I ?

Neo_Soldier28
Jun 10th, 2002, 09:19 PM
I love me country and i have a lot of pride for it and about the SSS i think it is necessary inorder to keep our country as great as it is.

Indrid Cold
Jun 10th, 2002, 10:50 PM
Yep.. I love my country, Czech Republic I wish i could go visit Czech Republic again.

ocelot
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:13 AM
FINLAND!! gr8 place to live! Not much criminals,no terrorists,no wars,lots of beatufull forrests,no nuclear weapons,not much poor peoples....

007_JamesBond
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:26 AM
I am a patriot through and through, for me there is no greater honor fighting for your country, that is probably why I am going to

trunks69420
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by 007_JamesBond
I am a patriot through and through, for me there is no greater honor fighting for your country, that is probably why I am going to

I wasnt saying that im not patriotic, because i really am. I just think that you should have a choice to fight or not. I personally was planning on military untill i got a felony drug dealing conviction and am not allowed (by law, i checked) to do the military in ANY branch!!

Hylas
Jun 11th, 2002, 02:15 PM
I don't particularly like my country, but I suppose it's an ok place to live. So I picked "I don't care" :phew:

Rohamgh
Jun 11th, 2002, 02:44 PM
I love my country with all my heart and soul

Go Iran!

As for Paris, where I live....hmm. No.

And I kinda lived in NY for six months and I looved it! London was ok, LA was fantastic, as was San Fransisco. I travel a lot. hehe

Sleazy P Martini
Jun 11th, 2002, 03:25 PM
Go Iran?

Cannibal Clown
Jun 11th, 2002, 04:19 PM
I'm not patriotic at all. I feel no remorse for my country, and i probally wouldn't be seen running in to join the army to fight for this large piece of land I call home.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I'm not grateful for living in a free country and all, it's just that when it comes to how I feel about where i live, it's just the place where i eat, sleep, breath, and walk around. The place where i spend time with my friends, and catch a movie if I can. I have no pledge that I live by saying that I'll never turn aways from my country, not saying that I will, but I just don't care.

and I'm also not saying that I'm some communist who'd love to see this place blown to bits, just that it makes no difference to me whatso ever. Not trying to offend anyone who said yes to the poll though. But the option was there, and I have the right to my personal opinion.

Rohamgh
Jun 12th, 2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
Go Iran?

I'm Iranian.

Problem?

Indrid Cold
Jun 12th, 2002, 05:18 PM
Problem...his asking why you said Go iran. its a little weird!!!

Say something else instead of GO IRAN!

I'll say Lets do it Czechoslovakia!!!!

Bhcdarkness
Jun 12th, 2002, 07:32 PM
i think the US is a great place to live. for such a young country relatively its come a long way. except in the soccer dept... still needs some work there.

And 007, for future refrence, its "Veni Vidi Vici".

Indrid Cold
Jun 12th, 2002, 09:21 PM
Or Czech Republic.... lets go czech republic, lets go!

Pimp_Daddy507
Jun 13th, 2002, 02:31 AM
I live in california too !!! Los angeles, aint notin wrong wit it........except maybe the ppl

Sleazy P Martini
Jun 13th, 2002, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Rohamgh

I'm Iranian.

Problem?

I don't have a problem with you being Iranian but "Go Iran" just seemed a little weird to me. You know, the Gulf War?

Rohamgh
Jun 13th, 2002, 12:08 PM
um..hehe...that was Iraq.

hooohooohahahaahahha

I'm sorry, I got my composure back

:laugh:

Pimp_Daddy507
Jun 13th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Iran.......psh
not being mean, but i jus dont care bout this country, iran, iraq, i dont give a hottin sh**

~GO MEXICO~

Rohamgh
Jun 13th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Mexico, spain, venezuela, same sh*t different pile

Not being mean, just you know, couldn't care less what you think.

Rohamgh
Jun 13th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Bhcdarkness
i think the US is a great place to live. for such a young country relatively its come a long way. except in the soccer dept... still needs some work there.

And 007, for future refrence, its "Veni Vidi Vici".

They whooped the a$$ of Portugal, that's for sure ;)

Sleazy P Martini
Jun 13th, 2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Rohamgh
um..hehe...that was Iraq.

hooohooohahahaahahha

I'm sorry, I got my composure back

:laugh:

Damn. I always get them mixed up. Sorry bud. Iran had the Shaw right?