PDA

View Full Version : Long Distance relationships

Spirit
Jan 29th, 2002, 09:17 PM
do you believe in them and if you do why, and how come? I'm talking about meeting over the internet and then having a relationship through the net. I want to hear your views on this subject in depth :D

ok ok ok, I changed it so it wouldn't influence voters(too much)

MakgSnake
Jan 29th, 2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by spiritslayer
Personally I think i't s F***ING stupid, but I want to hear your views as well :D

Well Putting Up Something Like That, Even If Someone Believes In It....Would Change His/Her Mind Before Posting A Reply!.! I Dunno. :)

Neways, Me.....I Dont...!... As I Mentioned Before. I Am Free VISA/Passport Of Almost All The Girls......IT KILLS!!..!!

And Well........Thats Why I Dont Believe In It!.! But If Someone Is Having One........And They Are Pretty Strong...(And If Its Keeping Them Happy And Satisfied) Its All Ok..And Cool...Cause The Top Thing Here Is....U Being Happy And Cheerful.....! Period!

IcyMourdor
Jan 29th, 2002, 09:26 PM
You can call me a softy after this if you wish.

I think it is possible. True love doesn't change with distance. Heck they even say it could get better with distance. I feel it can only work with your true love, though. Eventually, you'll end up meeting in the end and getting together again.

kamari-ice
Jan 29th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Well me and Soul Angel are always talking to each other.
We are Long Distance Friends.
Its not stupid, because you get to meet new people.
Now relationships, why would you do that.
You never even meet the person, and think you are in love.
Friends are okay, but either than that.
Unless you are really close to each other. :p

Pu the Owl
Jan 29th, 2002, 09:31 PM
Depends on the persons involved in the relationships. I think it's possible, but not for anyone.

Spirit
Jan 29th, 2002, 09:38 PM
umm guys, I meant LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS(really far, can't use a car to drive there) and I meant as in "love' not as friends, b/c I have quite a bit of friends on the net who are fairly far away.

jenova_jeb
Jan 29th, 2002, 09:41 PM
I can't say I do.:(

Pu the Owl
Jan 29th, 2002, 09:42 PM
I also think a long distance friendship is completely different.
It's a lot easier to make friends and keep them even if the distance is huge!

Spirit
Jan 29th, 2002, 09:45 PM
yea.... you guys kinda scared me...... friendship over the net is a very good thing, and I'm glad that I have over 100 unique friends on the net that I talk to on almost daily basis, but a long distance love? I mean wtf, I'm not DESPERATE, I can find people around me, I don't need to talk to some girl in a third country to find love

Pu the Owl
Jan 29th, 2002, 09:49 PM
It's not a matter of being desperate or something.
I mean, sometimes it happens that you start talking to someone and the relationship becomes very deep, and you can't force yourself to kill your feelings.
Not all cases can be considered the same way.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:17 PM
It all depends on how much you love the person,like for me the girl i like i would do anything for her.If we lived on seperate ends of the earth i woul do anyting to keep us together

Reid
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:33 PM
I don't think that long distance relationships really work out.
You (or for me at least) need to see the person a lot, or else what you feel for each other will kind of weaken, as you don't get a dose of their personality regularely.
And I don't really believe in internet dating or mail dating, because I think that a real life meeting is the only way to really tell what a person is like (writing needs to be very well crafted to get your personality across close to reality). But that's just my opinion.

MakgSnake
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:40 PM
I Think The Biggest Problem In Long Distance Relationship Is......Trust!.! U See.....U Fell In Love With Someone And U KNOW THAT U Love That Other Person Alot!.! But That Particular Person Lives On The Other Side Of The World. And Then U Meet This OTHER Person (In Ure School/College) And U Become Good Friends. Now.......There Is 95% Chance That U'd Want To End The LONG Distance And Move On With LIFE With Reality As This NEW Person U CAN MEET And Talk And All.....More Often!.!

Well Same Goes For The Person Whos Living On The Other Side Of The World. What If He/She Finds Someone Near Him/Her. He/She Just Might Start Giving U Signs That They Wanna End It Up, And Put An Excuse That Long Distance Is Hard And All!.!

Soul Angel
Jan 30th, 2002, 08:34 AM
I think it can work it just depends on the people and what they are after in this relationship I guess

The Anti Chris
Jan 30th, 2002, 08:44 AM
My long distance relationship is working fine

Spirit
Jan 30th, 2002, 09:54 AM
well I guess it depends on the situation and what you like, but still a long distance relationship is kind of weird...

007_JamesBond
Jan 30th, 2002, 12:24 PM
I really have no opinion, i mean it would not matter to me, jsut aslong as I had a significant other, but although it might not be fair for the othter person

x157anz
Jan 30th, 2002, 02:02 PM
I dont really because if you are far away you have to travel far to see them, and if you cant drive or anything you will be stuck to see them often :rolleyes:

Hylas
Jan 30th, 2002, 02:35 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong in long distance relationships. If you really love your partner and you trust him/her, nothing is impossible.
Depends if you think your significant other is a reliable person or not. And also if you're reliable or not.

Cannibal Clown
Jan 30th, 2002, 06:25 PM
If you think about it, long distance love is probally the best way to prove true love. I mean think about it. All you share are your words and fealings, there is nothing to do with looks or friends or what they where, just who they are as a person. That shows love.

But like i've said many times before in the old forums. it's best if you don't listen to what i have to say. It's bad for your health. Not to mention the fact that i couyldn't get a girl if I had an endless supply of hundred dollar bills hanging out of my pants.

MakgSnake
Jan 30th, 2002, 06:29 PM
Cannibal U Do Sure Sound Like A Friend Of SSSnake!

Cannibal Clown
Jan 30th, 2002, 06:31 PM
I am. But I don't know why. I honestly have next to nothing in common with him. It's just an accident in life that we're friends I guess.

MakgSnake
Jan 30th, 2002, 06:34 PM
No Its Ure Way Of Thinking........He Is As Negative About Himself As U Are!.! U Shouldn't Be And The Same Thing I Tell Him, But He Just Doesn't Listen!

I Mean Common........Dont Be Soooooo Down And Soo Negative About Ureself......Please!.! Just Think Positive And Positive Things Will Happen, Trust Me On This One!.! :)

IcyMourdor
Jan 30th, 2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
I am. But I don't know why. I honestly have next to nothing in common with him. It's just an accident in life that we're friends I guess.

I don't know about that. You and Will actually have a lot in common. Just think about it.

Cannibal Clown
Jan 30th, 2002, 06:38 PM
If I'm negetive about eberything in my life though, then everything remotely good that happens in my life will seem a thousand time better that the way it really is.

I have a friend who's always concerned about me being depressed and down, I usually tell her what I just told you. If I were always happy and expecting everything in life to work out perfectly as planned, then when life begins to suck again, it seems to crash on them like a brick wall.

That's just my opinion though.

MakgSnake
Jan 30th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Absurd, Thats All I Have To Say!

Ruby Moon
Jan 30th, 2002, 09:18 PM
They work fine for me, at least that's what I can say knowing my personal experience! :)