PDA

View Full Version : Perfection?

Hylas
Jun 4th, 2002, 06:19 PM
This wanted to be a serious topic, sorta :right:

Do you think perfection really exist? Do you think it's possible that someone or something reaches the status of perfection, or do you think perfection is only an abstract idea men created to achieve certain goals or to improve themselves?
Do you think it's a positive attitide to try to reach the perfection, or do you think this idea only make people envious of others' abilities?

Cannibal Clown
Jun 4th, 2002, 06:38 PM
I'm a religious person, so I believe in perfection, but only in the spititual was. Like Jesus being the perfect being or what not.

But as of the scence you mean, No, I think it's impossible for anyone to reach perfection. No matter how well they are at playing MGS2, there will always be room for error. No matter how much you think you know about computers, or how well you can drive, or how well your english grammer is, everyone screws up sooner or later, or else there's just someone better.

Perfection can't be achieved, only set as a goal to do or be your best at something.

Lost_myth
Jun 4th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Hylas
This wanted to be a serious topic, sorta :right:

Do you think perfection really exist? Do you think it's possible that someone or something reaches the status of perfection, or do you think perfection is only an abstract idea men created to achieve certain goals or to improve themselves?
Do you think it's a positive attitide to try to reach the perfection, or do you think this idea only make people envious of others' abilities?

I say, to all those questions, that the answer is yes.:ghost:
Perfection is something that you don't think you could change. Which means you could live with it the rest of yourself or at that period of time. For example: A poem, you write it and write it again, then you read it and rewrite it until you are satisfied completely. That to me would reach my standards of perfection. Just because it has reached perfection now doesn't mean that status won't change as time proceeds.:peoples:

Esjay
Jun 4th, 2002, 06:57 PM
like CC said, the only perfect human was Christ. You can only be perfect if you're Christ, and nobody will ever be him so...well, you get the idea

Lost_myth
Jun 4th, 2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Esjay
like CC said, the only perfect human was Christ. You can only be perfect if you're Christ, and nobody will ever be him so...well, you get the idea

As we know GOd is beyond perfect. God was Jesus or as some people say "his son." Of course he is perfect. The only thing that wasn't perfect was the 18 missing years.

Sword 4 Hire
Jun 4th, 2002, 07:22 PM
It all depends on what you think the level of perfection is...if you consider it to be always right...always does things right...never wrong...then no...it does not exist...but if you set goals...and then reach them...and your satisfied...then yes I would consider that perfection...

How much sense did I make?

Mercury Shadow
Jun 4th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
Perfection can't be achieved, only set as a goal to do or be your best at something.

That's very true Cannibal Clown...

I don't believe in perfection because whenever there's something great (let's just say a video game), there's always something I would want to change about it.

I don't believe in God and that Christ was perfect... hell, we don't even know the guy. How do we all know that he wasn't as flawed as the next guy? Well, maybe not going that far, but there's no way in knowing if he acheived perfection or not.

Cannibal Clown
Jun 4th, 2002, 07:24 PM
You made perfect scence. There it is again. perfection of simply getting your point accross. I guess after seeing other views on this catagory, there is a reachable form of perfection, just depends on how you interpet it.

But no one person cannever be perfect at doing or being something. But in other lights, I suppose it does exist.

Lost_myth
Jun 4th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Maybe, but if I'm completely satisfied with something at that time then it is perfect to me. S4h is also right. He made a lot of sense. And it does depend on your opinion. :ghost:

Cannibal Clown
Jun 4th, 2002, 08:12 PM
I guess that the only thing that I can say I'm perfect at is being me. Because no matter what I do, I will always be me, as one self, and no one can ever proove me wrong for being who I am. Because all of me feelings, emotions, likes, disslikes, memories, hopes, andticipations, fears, and expressions are all of what makes me who I am.

Although, a lot of the time I don't act like myself, or I pretend to be someone I'm not, for the saticfaction I get from others to fit in there image of a world. But even then, I'm still being me. That is just a reaction that the Self of myself has to regular and iregular events in my life.

So if anyone ever says that I suck at everything I do, or that I can't do sh*t, I can always reply that I can be myself perfectly, flawlessly, and completely myself. Because it's impossible for me to do anything else.

I'm getting really wierd and hard to understand right now, so perhaps I should shut up. I think I've been watching too much EVA lately.

Lost_myth
Jun 4th, 2002, 08:15 PM
[i]
I'm getting really wierd and hard to understand right now, so perhaps I should shut up. I think I've been watching too much EVA lately. [/B]

No you're not. lloll. Perhaps you have. That was a really good statement though!;)

007_JamesBond
Jun 5th, 2002, 11:20 AM
Hitler had an idea of perfection and look where that got him, no I dont beleive in perfection, it does not exist

kupoartist
Jun 5th, 2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by 007_JamesBond
Hitler had an idea of perfection and look where that got him, no I dont beleive in perfection, it does not exist

quite. I don't believe in perfection myself, its an ideal that can be useful, but it simply isn't possible. I strongly believe also, that no-one in history ever achieved perfection. Whilst I would never rule out the exisitence of Jesus, or God I've always been annoyed at Religon's idea that God is Flawless. That just seems like people are denying that mistakes aren't somthing that God, or Nature is capable of.

Pimp_Daddy507
Jun 5th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Hey, look at jennifer lopez, pamela anderson, britney spears, carmen electra...........a perfect body(s) :laugh:

Spirit
Jun 5th, 2002, 02:46 PM
perfection is reachable within a certain field, but one person can't be perfect in everything =P

JC Denton
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Spirit
perfection is reachable within a certain field, but one person can't be perfect in everything =P

who is PERFECT in one field?, i cant think of one, they used to say that the guy who ran the 4 minute mile ran a perfect mile untill he was beaten, perfection has certainly not been reached in any field yet because we havn't finished evolving yet, so no one can be perfect in any field, as in 1000 generations somone will have evolved that bit more and therefore will be better at doing whatever that person is so called perfect at.

in my opinion perfection is a fake ideal, but a good one to strive for, it is just like putting a carrot infront of a donkeys nose and moving with him, the donkey will move foward but never reach his goal, the carrot, which in this example symbolises perfection

Uchiha Sasuke
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:55 PM
I think the women i love is perfect but thats in my opinion and others my not think the same.I think perfection can only be seen through an individuals eyes and not through everyone.

Sword 4 Hire
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Pimp_Daddy507
Hey, look at jennifer lopez, pamela anderson, britney spears, carmen electra...........a perfect body(s) :laugh:

LOL...I like how this guy thinks! :laugh:

Lost_myth
Jun 6th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Others my not think the same.I think perfection can only be seen through an individuals eyes and not through everyone.

Then we agree. That's what I was trying to say, but you said it so much better. It's all about what you think perfection is, other probably won't agree

007_JamesBond
Jun 6th, 2002, 09:30 AM
interesting outlook Pimp but no just bodies though, in all

Cannibal Clown
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:33 PM
Let's just say that perfectiong in nothing more than a word used to lift someone up when they're down. Saying you're perfect, or that was perfectly done is just a way of making someone fewel better. And in that scence, people should use the word more often. But like what was said many time already on this thread, perfecting doesn't exist, only through the eyes of ourselves, like what SSSnake said about the woman he loves.

Pu the Owl
Jun 7th, 2002, 08:09 PM
i don't think perfection exist or at least the only perfection I can think of is a personal idea, so I wouldn't call it perfection.

Lost_myth
Jun 8th, 2002, 04:52 PM
then what would you call it

Cannibal Clown
Jun 8th, 2002, 05:06 PM
imperfection?

Lost_myth
Jun 8th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Is that what you would call it then? Imper?

Cannibal Clown
Jun 8th, 2002, 05:20 PM
let's just say that the word perfection shopuld also be referred to as unabtainable. That sums it up pretty well.

But Imper sounds cool too.

Qjij_jijQ
Jun 8th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Well, let me just tell you that I'm workin' on it...
It might take me 10 years, 20 years or even 50 years... but I will obtain it !

I know I can...

Lost_myth
Jun 8th, 2002, 07:57 PM
which what will you obtain it with?:ghost:

ought ooght ought ooght ooght ought..... ¿right?;) :shock:

Qjij_jijQ
Jun 8th, 2002, 10:12 PM
I'm talkin' about... perfection ! :D

happy_doughnut
Jun 8th, 2002, 11:15 PM
For a human, there is no such thing as perfection. I mean, a human being cannot be perfect.
To me, the only perfect being was Jesus. Since he is no longer among us in human form, there is no "prefection" left in this world.
I understand that not all of you believe in God or any other superior deities and because of that, our viewpoints may differ.

All I know is that perfection means different things to different people. Yet when it all comes down, it is something that people can simply not obtain.

Bah! I'm bored... where's Qjij?!? :laugh:

Qjij_jijQ
Jun 9th, 2002, 07:38 AM
I'm here sugar pie ! :D

Am I too late ?!?

Lost_myth
Jun 10th, 2002, 12:36 PM
I think there is such a thing as imper and you ca obtain it. Either as a whole or by pieces. However, that may be because I'm an alien. Oh well, carry on!:blergh: