PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 Games Ever In The History Of Gaming!

Pimp_Daddy507
Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:06 PM
RULES:

What's your top 3 list of games? it could be for ANY system out there, jus list em and what system there for, and be sure to list why and the total amount of hrs u spent on it!

1. Final Fantasy Tactics (Ps1)

-Truly outstanding game, the 3d lookin gfx, the gameplay, the job classes!!! This game is jus so fun!!! for me, atleast. I've played this game for about a total of about maybe 600-800 hrs in the past 3 yrs (or 2??). I recommend u buy this game, QUICK!

TOTAL: 500-800 Hrs.

2. Final Fantasy 7 (Ps1)

-This is the one that sucked me into Rpg's period. The gfx were outstanding at the time! One of the best stories ever! some of the best characters ever, none of that fairy talk ish like FF9 and crap like that. these guyz cusssed, and that was tight. The story will jus suck u in, and the gameplay is literally excellent!

TOTAL: 200-250 Hrs.

3. Grand Theft Auto 3 (Ps2)

-Wow! Truly excellent! stealing cars, shootin down gangstas, runnin from the police. This game gives u experiences you'll never face in real life. I dont own it, but i sure will play it whenever the oppurtunities pop up!

of course I have more, but this is the only games that came to mind

TOTAL: 10-15 Hrs.

RufusFF7
Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:32 PM
My Top 3 (in order)

1. Final Fantasy 7- Was my first Final Fantasy. The story, characters, and all the great elements that make FF games so great made me love this game...
Hrs spent: 300-350

2. Chrono Trigger- played it for SNES and didn't really know what i was doin... But later i purchased it for PSOne, as a part of the FF: C. And i loved it.
Hrs Spent: about 200

3. Grand Theft Auto 3- The best game for PS2, and also the funnest and funniest game i ever played.
Hrs spent: 150-200

TtTackler
Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:14 PM
Ahh, sweet, this is truly a great topic :D

3. Chrono Trigger - (SNES)

TRULY the GREATEST RPG ever!! I've spent many countless hours playing this title to get every ending and weapon. I love you Akira Toriyama :roll:

2. Metal Gear Solid (PSX)

Was my favorite game ever for a long time...First off, the gameplay is just so freakin' great, I will never forget it...The graphics, are still awesome (for PSOne). I've beaten it over 60 times, this game is truly a classic!

1. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

This one is my fav. game ever ;P I'm serious, the gameplay has been improved and made much more in-depth, the graphics are still drool-worthy, and as for the story...I have to say, IMO, the MGS series (both one and two) has the greatest story ever, most in-depth and engaging for me at lease

Uchiha Sasuke
Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:17 PM
Heres mine

1.Metal Gear Solid 2(PS2):Great story,awesome gameplay mechanics,beautiful graphics and environments

Hrs. spent~70hrs

2.Resident Evil(GC):Revamped version of the original.Tons of added features.Great story and some absolutley gripping moments.

Hrs. spent~20hrs

3.Halo(Xbox):Awesome FPS.Extremely fun battles.Enemy AI is spectacular.Multiplay is the best yet.

Hrs. spent~12hrs

Beretta55
Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:42 PM
heres my top 3 (in order)

1.grandtheftauto 3 (ps2):never have i seen a game so fun its like crime,car crashes,mayham,what more could you want?
hours spent:81

finalfantasy 7 (ps1):the game is so fun good story line and the people are cool. i just have never played a finalfantasy this fun.
hours spent:72

halo (xbox):this game is just a awsome shootem up game you get to kill things and drive things cool stuff.
hours spent:15 (why so short cause i got my xbox yesterday)

Killuminati
Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:44 PM
1. Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty
Great story, great gameplay, great everything.
2. Final Fantasy VII
Great story
3. Metal Gear Solid:
great story, best game of the PSX era

happy_doughnut
Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:52 PM
Here's mine in order:

1.) Final Fantasy 8 (ps1) : I just loved the story. The characters were also great. The plot had a lot of twists. This game had great character designs. Plus, it had Squall :love:
(Hours: 150+)

2.) Legend of Zelda (Snes) : A Link To The Past : Awesome game. The storyline was very impressive. It was also the very first game I played and I truly loved it. ( Hours: forgot)

3.) SF ex2Plus (ps1): I think I'm the biggest Street Fighter fan here! This game was very good. I think I liked it as much as I did SF2.
Great characters and great moves. ( Hours : 30 mins)

Pimp_Daddy507
Jun 4th, 2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Mena

Legend of Zelda (Snes) : A Link To The Past : Awesome game.

No offense, but I didn't like the game much.......but thats jus my oppinion, right?

kupoartist
Jun 4th, 2002, 01:23 PM
(3.) System Shock 2 (PC)- Yup. you've probably never heard of it. But it's my 3rd favorite game ^_^. Essentially it was a FPS/RPG in which you used experience points ("Cybernetic Nodules") to improve you're proficency in various skills (Different styles of weapons, Physical Stats, "Tech" stats (eg. Hacking) or Psionics (Futristic magicy stuff - bit like "the force")). You had to make your way through the decks of a spaceship, scaring yourself quite a bit, and being contacted by an evil AI named SHODAN... was v v good btw ^_^

(2.) Homeworld (PC) - Yup, you've probably never heard of this either. This was the first fully 360 degree rotateble Strategy game. Set in space, it chronicled the building of a massive mothership in the hope of following an ancient galactic map to the fabled Homeworld "Higarra". Another fantastic game, it featured a massive array of ships, varying in size and capabilities. (And I don't even like Strategy BTW... :laugh: )

(1.) Final Fantasy VI (SNES/PSX) - you've probably heard of this one, though most people only know of its exsistence because they've played FFVII (you donj't start series' at number 7 ^_^).
FFVI is my favorite because it has the best characters and storyline of any FF. It also has the best Soundtrack of any-game ever, with some truely amazing tunes. Shame it looks real dated now :/

Mercury Shadow
Jun 4th, 2002, 01:54 PM
1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) - This is my overall favorite game ever. I had stopped playing video games for a while, but this one got me back into it. I've never had the same feeling that I got when playing OoT...

2. The Legend of Zelda (nes) - This is the second video game that I truly got into (first being Mario), and it's such a unique game. I loved every moment of it... so many secrets, so many items, so many kick ass dungeons, and excellent music!

3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (n64) - I don't even have to explain this one, it wasn't as good as the other 2 Zeldas I listed, but this was truly an epic experience.

Of course if there were more than 3 spots I would've included Zelda: A Link To The Past, MGS, Goldeneye 007, etc.

Sword 4 Hire
Jun 4th, 2002, 07:16 PM
1. Xenogears (PSX): This game is so action packed...the story is filled with plot twists...surprises...betrayal...love...and plenty of adventure. The battle system rocks with all of the martial arts and what not.

Hrs: 70

2. Final Fantasy X: It had a very good story...and what it lacked in thrills...it made up for with its graphics and gameplay. The battle system and Sphere Grid are very innovative and Sir Auron is by far the coolest character to date!

Hrs: 140+

3. GTAIII: Probably one of the most innovative games out there...the freedom of this game makes me cry...it's so jampacked that I haven't even scratched the surface of it...

Hrs: Way too long!

Hylas
Jun 4th, 2002, 08:26 PM
1- Final Fantasy 7 (PSX) - 100+ hours
2- Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2) - 20 hours
3- Silent Hill 2 (PS2) - 18 hours

These are the games I love the most at the moment. I can't say if they're the best ever, but I don't care if they are or not. I just like them from any point of view (characters, plot, music and so on...) and I was really impressed by them. They really changed the idea I had of videogames, each in its peculiar way.

JC Denton
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:34 PM
baldurs gate 1-
the size of the game is amazing and storyline is great.

hrs. more than i can count

deus ex-
brilliant in every way, the storyline, everthing

hrs.hmmmm....40+

exile 3.
game i spent most hrs on deffinatly, the biggest game ive ever scene, most free storyline, basiclly do what you want, so many sub quests, most addictive rpg, poor graphics,

hrs.:laugh: