PDA

View Full Version : Ps2 online

Infernal Mass
Jun 1st, 2002, 10:41 AM
i heard some very good news yestreday concerning the online gaming for ps2 while watching the E3 edition of Extended play. A representitive of sony said the adapter and all cost 39.99 and..get this you send in a coupon and recieve Twisted Metal Black: Online for FREE! Now is that cool of Sony or what huh? a free game with the adpater. Not just any game..TMB one of the best games for the ps2...

*hugs playstion2*

Pimp_Daddy507
Jun 1st, 2002, 01:33 PM
yes, i seen that too yesterday, I think it's a GREAT deal considering the fact that Twisted Metal Black is about worth 20 bucks.

But when you also pay for "Xbox Live" (the online gaming for xbox) you will get a free copy of "Revolt". A great game, so the competition will begin soon for the online world

I think Xbox will win this one considering it already has a modem and some HUGE gadgets in there that should speed up the process of online gaming

GC I dont think stands a chance in the online world, maybe in console wise, but not wired play

Infernal Mass
Jun 1st, 2002, 02:33 PM
there's a huge demand for PSO on Gamecube. It's like the only online game i know of for the gamecube so far. I never played it on dreamcast so i don't know how it is.. but i've heard nothing but good things about it. Microsoft does have a good plan as far as online gaming goes..49.99 get's you the Revolt game, the online acces (for a year) and that headset. Lots of good games coming out to..like Unreal Championship. but..playing TMB is addictive just on my own. The ability to hunt down others via online just sounds like heaven. gaming bliss for hours. I know i'll be getting it.

Pimp_Daddy507
Jun 1st, 2002, 02:37 PM
PSO is tight ass ish! I have the DC version and used to play online till my service got cut. Its good, but online play lags a lot on a 56k, so I'll feel sorry for GC

Ice Cold
Jun 1st, 2002, 09:00 PM
Will the connection speed for PS2 be compatible with broadband?

I know that GC is 56k and Xbox is broadband only.

Esjay
Jun 1st, 2002, 09:48 PM
weren't people saying that the PS2 would have 100$+ add ons? I guess they were wrong. The only gripe I have now is the insane fee for FFXI and the ISP. Oh well, it'll be well worth it, I can't wait for FFXI and RE online

RufusFF7
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:16 AM
I think Xbox will win this one considering it already has a modem and some HUGE gadgets in there that should speed up the process of online gaming

Your forgetting that 30 million ps2's are out there... How many x-box's? maybe 4 million?

RufusFF7
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:18 AM

Yes it will...

Ice Cold
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:29 AM
For real? That's great. Now I can play with my DSL connection!:happy:

Rohamgh
Jun 3rd, 2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by SleekGeek

I know that GC is 56k and Xbox is broadband only.

supposadly, a LAN adaptor and a modem will be released. and i think you can buy 3rd party modems for the 'box

Rohamgh
Jun 3rd, 2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by RufusFF7

Your forgetting that 30 million ps2's are out there... How many x-box's? maybe 4 million?

Don't judge too early

ludaman99
Jun 18th, 2002, 09:03 PM
well there isnt a whole lot of them out

Pimp_Daddy507
Jun 18th, 2002, 09:36 PM
luda, stop reviving so many threads man! ur becomin' an Indrid Cold here.....try to reply to "newer" threads man, jus warnin ya befo everyone else does man