PDA

View Full Version : Conclusion of Eva Series????SPOILERS

Cannibal Clown
May 31st, 2002, 07:30 AM
Okay, here's the thing. Yesterday I just finnished buying the last three eva dvd's, and after seeing the entire series, I'm confused out of my mind. What the heck happens at the end.

What exactly is the Human instrumentality project, and what the heck is up with everyone saying congratulations to shinji at the end.

The entire thing seemed like a phycology lesson about how to determine your self being, which I understood fine, but what the heck was going on as all of those flashbacks were popping out of no where?

If anyone can give me an easy explanation, please do so, because I need to know.

Rei
May 31st, 2002, 11:37 AM
Before I post here some answers, I need to know if you're talking of the last DVDs of the TV show or if you're including also the movies. :right:

And another question: have you ever read the "Red Cross Book"? It's what Gainax gave to Japanese audience to help them understanding the most difficult aspects of the series.
I've read some online translation of that booklet. If you need it, I could try to find the link and post it here.

Cannibal Clown
May 31st, 2002, 03:43 PM
I've never seen any of the movies, so yes, this is only of the series. I can't seem to figure it out. Oh, anhd that link of that book would be very appreaciated.

And after volume six, I understand why you hate Asuka so much. Me too. i think she's an evile stubborn little B*tch. And I sympathise with Rei entirely in the series.

Mana
Jun 1st, 2002, 06:13 PM
I don't know is Rei has some other link to the Red Cross Book, but I could find only this one:

Red Cross Book Translation (http://www.geocities.com/ferio2012/index-i.htm)

As for Asuka, I think I sypathized with her more towaards the end than during the rest of the series, because it appears that she's a really fragile creature, even more fragile than Rei, with lots of fears and humanity. I started liking Rei during the first part of the series, than I liked Asuka more than her in the end.

*spoilers*

After the creation of the third Rei Ayanami, it's clear that when Asuka accuses her to be a doll, she's not completely wrong, after all. Rei's only sign of humanity is the sight of her tears in one of the last episodes, but we're confused about this reaction, because she's the third, not the first one. The first Rei (the kid killed by Ritsuko's mom) was an annoying and cruel (maybe also sincere, but still I think cruel) creature. The second one? About her we don't know much, only her affection for Ikari Gendo. About the third one, finally! we see a sort of human reaction, but it's too late IMO to feel a deep sympathy, the same sympathy I feel for Shinji, Asuka, Misato and yes, Mr. Kaji. Even Shinji, who liked Rei so much during the rest of the series (and he finally discovered Rei is a clone of Ikari Yui) is unable to symathize with her, and feel rejected by the whole thing. Asuka seems to go mad after the battle with the angel, and she starts acting in a weird way. She feels not adequate for her role, that's why she acts like a B*tch, as you said in your post... Her mind is not well balanced and she seems to suffer of a mental breakdown after being defeated by the angel and being saved by Ayanami Rei.

Cannibal Clown
Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:20 PM
I understand completely where you're comming from when sympathising with Asuka. Heck, I think her story is far deeper than any of the characters, and you only get a glimps of it at the very end, with her mother hanging herself and all of her conflicts with her other parents.

And both Shinji and Asuka seem to develop the same traits near the end as where they pilot Eva for the praise of others, and when Asuka looses her piloting ability, she feels useless, and hates shinji even more for out doing her.

And I believe that in the second Rei, there is a bit of humanity in her, during the part where Shinji says that she reminds him of his mother, she blushes, and when she says thanks to Toji and Shinji when they clean her room, and she ponders over her words, them being of gratitude and all.

But I got all of this stuff pretty well figured out, I just want the last two episodes explained to me, especially the end where everyone is congradulating shinji. Even kaji, and he dies. Which was the saddest part of the shopw gfor me, because Kaji is one of the coolest characters in the series.

Pu the Owl
Jun 9th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Just to make it clear: the last two episodes are kinda optional. In fact the original series ended with Kaoru's death. In many DVDs box sets the last two episodes (Ep. 25 and 26) are not included for this reasons. I think they're not necessary to understand the rest of the series.

Spirit
Jun 11th, 2002, 06:14 AM
still have to watch the last dvd >.< but the movies also uncover quite a bit of interesting facts and information O_o

Cannibal Clown
Jun 11th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Well, I guess that helps a bit:P but one more thing, does anyone know where the geo front came from. Gendo said that they just found that huge hole in the ground and didn't know who or what put it there. Does anyone know where it came from?