PDA

View Full Version : Revised Question

Ice Cold
May 28th, 2002, 12:42 AM
I know all of you have read *nebie with a question* and most likely laughed at my ability to be emmensly stupid and/or annoying.

In a recent thread, I asked member *Esjay* if a PSOne controller is compatible with the PS2. After poking around on BestBuy's web site I noticed that only PSOne controllers licensed by Sony state to be compatible with all three of Sony's consoles.

I guess what I am asking is: ARE ALL GENERIC PSONE CONTROLLERS COMPATIBLE WITH PS2???:confused:

Your patience with me is undiserved yet greatly appreciated. :phew:

Mercury Shadow
May 28th, 2002, 05:16 AM
I don't know about ALL Playstation controllers, but I have a dual shock that was from my original playstation, and it works on my ps2. Of course, you need a dual shock and not the real old controllers because most games are analog on ps2.

Spank-A-Thon
May 28th, 2002, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by SleekGeek
I guess what I am asking is: ARE ALL GENERIC PSONE CONTROLLERS COMPATIBLE WITH PS2???:confused:

Your patience with me is undiserved yet greatly appreciated. :phew: Yes, all controllers are compatible with PS2 if the software (i.e. the game) allows it.

For example, Resident Evil: Code Veronica will only work with a Dual Shock 2 controller - it will not work with the PSOne Dual Shock controller.

But with DOA2 I can use my PSOne or PS2 controllers.

To summarise, it simply depends on the software.

- S

Ice Cold
May 28th, 2002, 11:19 AM
Allright, thanks for the info guys.:happy:

RufusFF7
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:24 AM
Actually not all PSOne controllers work with PS2... It all depends. Most generic controllers work but some don't. a lot fo the mad catz controllers don't work.

Ice Cold
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:31 AM
Actually, I just bought my PS2 and I got a Mad Catz PSOne controller and it works great. I like it more than the sony controller.

Lost_myth
Jun 2nd, 2002, 05:39 PM
I think most of them are. I'm sure they should be.