PDA

View Full Version : Latest Info on MGS: Substance...

Spank-A-Thon
May 27th, 2002, 10:55 AM
As taken from here (http://www.gamesradar.com/news/default.asp?subsectionid=157&articleid=63583&pagetype=2).Those E3 Metal Gear Solid rumours confirmed...

We've spoken with our friends at Konami and can confirm the following details about the forthcoming Metal Gear Solid Substance.

The game comprises the whole of MGS2 plus new modes Snake Tales, Alternate Missions and VR Missions. Snake Tales and Alternate Missions allows you to play old MGS2 missions and new scenarios as Snake and various new characters.

The amazing trailer was once more the talk of the show, and reveals how the characters can be accessed in different scenarios. We saw Pliskin playing the Tanker mode, Raiden dressed as Ninja, Snake meeting Meryl (from the PSone game) on the tanker, Raiden using his sword at an earlier point in the game, Snake using the grenade launcher when he shouldn't and so on.

The VR missions (of which there are more than 200) begin with an almost cel-shaded look. The environments and characters 'fill-in' as you complete them, a bit like in Rez. They include sniper levels, time-based puzzles, and one bonkers mission where a giant Godzilla-sized mech soldier stalks Snake as he runs along blocky VR skycrapers.

And the rumours are true: there's an unlockable skateboarding game where Snake gets big air in Big Shell! And it's looking pretty slick considering it's a bonus extra - we saw him do handplants and grinds like a true pro. We can also reveal that Snake will appear as a playable character in Konami's Extreme Skateboarding, however he won't skate on Big Shell in that game.

Okay peeps, discuss...

But one word, Makg - please don't get too excited, your bouncing around makes me giddy!;)

- S

Esjay
May 27th, 2002, 11:07 AM
I kind of already knew all of this, but thanks for the info, because I'm sure that some people here didn't know ^_^. This game is SO gonna rock, especially with the return of Meryl, and being able to play as Snake in the Plant. This is THE ultimate game for any MGS fan

MakgSnake
May 29th, 2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
But one word, Makg - please don't get too excited, your bouncing around makes me giddy!;)
How Can U Expect Me NOT To Be Excited About Substance...?..?

Spanky U Have No Idea How HAPPY I Am To Hear The Substance News. The Thing I Am Most Excited About Is "Snake Tales". Man I CANT Wait Be SOLID SNAKE Again.....!.....

And The Fact That Meryl Is Back Makes Me Happy More Then Anyone In This World.

S..S..S..S..S..S..Subatance....