PDA

View Full Version : Which Main Theme did you like the most?

Esjay
May 25th, 2002, 06:49 PM
Both MGS2's and MGS1's main theme sound strikingly similar, but they are in fact very different, and are both done by different artists!! (MGS2's is by Harry Gregson Williams of course, and MGS1's is by some group/artist named 'TAPPY') I personally liked MGS1's theme a little bit more, but mostly because of tha techno sequence solo that rocked the house halfway through the song, hehe. But MGS2's was a great theme as well, but MGS1's just had a special something to it, and I loved it :happy:

Beretta55
May 25th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Esjay
Both MGS2's and MGS1's main theme sound strikingly similar, but they are in fact very different, and are both done by different artists!! (MGS2's is by Harry Gregson Williams of course, and MGS1's is by some group/artist named 'TAPPY') I personally liked MGS1's theme a little bit more, but mostly because of tha techno sequence solo that rocked the house halfway through the song, hehe. But MGS2's was a great theme as well, but MGS1's just had a special something to it, and I loved it :happy: sweet i never knew that they all sounded the same to me hey thanks for the info.

merylsilverburg
May 25th, 2002, 07:26 PM
You should include in your poll a "I like both themes" 'cause....I liked both themes. You should also try to find out the names of the themes 'cause when I started reading this thread and saw the "da-da-da" I was like "Huh?" :confused:

Uchiha Sasuke
May 25th, 2002, 07:59 PM
I like the second one more.Sounds way more cinematic.

Esjay
May 25th, 2002, 09:05 PM
lol sorry about that Meryl, I did include which game's theme it was, (MGS1s, MGS2s) I should have included an 'I like both themes' options, sorry! ^_^; and I don't think the themes have actual names btw...

merylsilverburg
May 25th, 2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Esjay
lol sorry about that Meryl, I did include which game's theme it was, (MGS1s, MGS2s) I should have included an 'I like both themes' options, sorry! ^_^; and I don't think the themes have actual names btw...

You're right. I could've sworn there was, but then I checked and you're right. :heh: Shows what a "big fan" I am. :laugh: :right: :heh:

Sartori
May 25th, 2002, 11:21 PM
I liked Harry Gregson Williams's theme the most. Mainly because I'm kind of partial to his music in the first place.....XD

Spy Game....and The Rock had some of the greatest musical compositions in a long while. It would be really great if Williams went into the game genre more often.

MakgSnake
May 28th, 2002, 05:33 PM
Same Here, I Loved BOTH.......But Harry's Was More Cinematic Like SSSnake Said.......

Its Just A Main Theme.....It Suppose To Sound Same, But Ofcourse An Artist's Touch Is Very Important. I Have My Own Version Of Metal Gear's Main Theme I Made On My Keyboard.

Shows what a "big fan" I am.
Meryl We All Know Ure A GREAT TRUE FAN...And I Am Proud To Have U Around Here!.!

merylsilverburg
May 28th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
Same Here, I Loved BOTH.......But Harry's Was More Cinematic Like SSSnake Said.......

Its Just A Main Theme.....It Suppose To Sound Same, But Ofcourse An Artist's Touch Is Very Important. I Have My Own Version Of Metal Gear's Main Theme I Made On My Keyboard.

Meryl We All Know Ure A GREAT TRUE FAN...And I Am Proud To Have U Around Here!.!

Yes, Harry's theme is more cinematic....I remembered when I first heard the theme.....I was so excited, I just kept going back to Konami's official site over and over again. :love: And, thank you Makg for the compliment. :)