PDA

View Full Version : Vice City...What would you like to see new?

Sleazy P Martini
May 25th, 2002, 05:10 PM
What improvements or changes would you hope to see in the new GTA? I would like to see motorcycles back in the game.

Esjay
May 25th, 2002, 05:18 PM
yeah! PLEASE bring back the SuperBike!

Also, I'd like to see an improvement in the graphics. GTA3's graphics were kind of muddy and un-detailed. I'd like to see that improved. Also, I'd like to be able to go into the majority of the buildings in the city, that was one thing that I wish would have been in GTA3, exploring people's houses, things like that. I mean, it would be so cool to be able to go inside a 10 story building and take the stairs to the top of the building and snipe people, that would be AWESOME!!. Eerything else in GTA3 was perfect. Just improve the graphics and let us actually go inside and explore the houses and buildings and then this could very well be the greatest game EVER.

Sword 4 Hire
May 25th, 2002, 06:40 PM
As Esjay said I would like to be able to go in different buildings...maybe rob a store, or shoot up a business building...I would also like to be able to steal one of those POLICE helicoptors!! Oh and more mini games like an arcade or to be able to gamble or something.

Beretta55
May 25th, 2002, 07:23 PM
i would like to have a sawed off shotgun and be able to have your own gang make your own cars hire henchman and they would get in the car with you anytime and you can have your own gang fight.

Sword 4 Hire
May 25th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by baretta55
i would like to have a sawed off shotgun and be able to have your own gang make your own cars hire henchman and they would get in the car with you anytime and you can have your own gang fight.

Baretta that is by far the coolest thing I have ever heard...I've always wanted the same thing...to be able to like recruit people for your gang and grow in popularity throughout the city...although I'd doubt that that would ever happen but still...great idea man!

merylsilverburg
May 25th, 2002, 08:34 PM
My biggest gripe about GTA3 was what most of you already mentioned: Not being able to go into buildings. I'd like that in Vice City. I'd also like to see more stores besides a weapon shop. A air mission would be cool too. They already had boats and cars, but they left out flying, except the Dodo. I hope they include one of those missions in the new GTA. :)

Beretta55
May 25th, 2002, 08:43 PM
in gta3 i didnt need building i was out makeing trouble in the game but that would be cool to be able to go inside bulidings. there is one thing i noticed in gta3 you didnt get to work for a blackman the only black guy you worked for was only a phone contact i would be able to work for a black guy.

Sleazy P Martini
May 25th, 2002, 10:24 PM
Hey I like that "create a gang" idea. Robbing stores would be sweet too.
you didnt get to work for a blackman

In Vice city I bet you'll be able to work for the Rastas. They were black.

Andi
May 26th, 2002, 07:52 AM
It would be good if you could blow up buidings and as the game progress's you can save it with all the biulding's blown up!

So that every one's game will be different in the end !:roll:

And a Better plane than the dodo ! 2555 second's Top Score :laugh:

if there is an Airport ! you cant take off when you want because of the plane's taking off ! You should beable to hit them in other words!

One more thing ! Lots more people causing Violence & Mayhem:laugh: lol Stealing cars shooting for no reason ! "like we do on the game! lol planting bombs by the side of the street!

Andi
May 26th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
What improvements or changes would you hope to see in the new GTA? I would like to see motorcycles back in the game.

This is a good thread ! :phew: Do you think that the word will get bak to rockstar ? Will they use some of the idea's?

That is what they should do take all the idea's then just biuld a Game Around everyone's idea's !:laugh: !

That would be Awesome:phew:

RufusFF7
May 26th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Berreta has a good idea...

I would also like to see motorcycles in the game, and along with motorcyles how bout some bicycle fodder!! hehe... then u would always be runnin over peeps on foot.

pipetender
May 26th, 2002, 05:20 PM
I think it would be really cool if you could store your weapons in a little place by your garage. I could have used this so I didn't have to go back to a certain spot to get a weapon. I mean hey you can store your car why not your gun?

Sword 4 Hire
May 26th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Oh yeah and I would actually like to know the actual NAME of who I'm playing with!

Sleazy P Martini
May 26th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire
Oh yeah and I would actually like to know the actual NAME of who I'm playing with!

I kinda like the whole anonymous thug thing they have going. It's been that way through the entire series.

BlackThornn
May 27th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Either Create-a-gang, or at least have the ability to hire a little backup from a gang you're in good graces with.

Ability to CHOOSE colors for your car at the paint shop, and possibly buy cars (delivered to chosen hideout garage each time it empties) from gangs you're in good graces with.

Ability to make amends to gangs.. Stupid Maria.. >_<

Motorcycles, of course.. those would kick ass.

Have the guy swim, for cryin' out loud..

Police not running over a hundred citizens of Vice City to get to you..

Police that arrest other people as well..

Random gang wars that you can instagate/participate in. These were depressingly seldom in GTA3.

Timed import garages ala Gone in 60 Seconds.

Car customization.. bulletproof glass, nitrous, hydrolics.

Respect meter. One that's as badass as your character by the end of GTA3 shouldn't have piddly diablos f****n with him, y'know?

Better first person car view.. I felt strapped to the bumper of whatever car I drove in that view, not like I was in the driver seat.

Ray.. gotta have Ray in Vice City. :D

Go into buildings.

Ability to commit crimes other than just killing people and those allowed by game plot. IE go into a convenience store and rob it, cause a riot, that kinda cool stuff.

Andi
May 28th, 2002, 03:44 AM
These are all good idea's !
But they really should bring bak The Bike's!!;)

ocelot
May 28th, 2002, 08:38 AM
cops are too stupid in GTA3,so i hope the AI would be better in this Vice city or whatever was it ! I think this " going in to buidings" is a great idea too. I would like to have better first-person view just like in MGS2.

trunks69420
May 28th, 2002, 11:45 AM
More Hookers;) , but seriously the bike is great and i liked Andi's idea about the blowing up buildings thing, it would be quite hard to design, but definitely a cool extra.
I forsee only one problem w/ designing going into buildings. If you start designing it so that you go into so many buildings, it gets really hard to do. What i mean is that in GTA3 the graphics were watered down to include the huge city. Imagine how much more they would be watered down if you had to include the inside of buildings:shock:
Oh well, just a thought.

Sleazy P Martini
May 28th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by trunks69420
I forsee only one problem w/ designing going into buildings. If you start designing it so that you go into so many buildings, it gets really hard to do. What i mean is that in GTA3 the graphics were watered down to include the huge city. Imagine how much more they would be watered down if you had to include the inside of buildings:shock:
Oh well, just a thought.

Well maybe just corner stores that you could go in and hold up for extra cash.

trunks69420
May 28th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Yeah, i suppose youre right. If they only do a few stores it should be fine, pluss the developers are a lot more familiar w/ PS2's hardware and could probably milk it for a lot more power!! We will just have to see what develops.

Does anyone else have any input on this situation?

Andi
May 29th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

Well maybe just corner stores that you could go in and hold up for extra cash.

LOL:laugh:

Andi
May 30th, 2002, 05:26 AM
I would be mint if you could drop bomb's from the plane! lol:laugh:

If all the gangs travelled about from city to city causing **** in group's !

And finally more People just doing the same as we all do On the game "KIK ASS" :roll:

On the first game there was a row of shops were you could take your car & have the following item's fitted for a price

Oil Slick's , Gun's for the car , Paint & bomb's

Imagine having an oil slick fall out the bak of ya car whilst been chased by the Police LOL:laugh:

Right laff:laugh:

Mercury Shadow
May 30th, 2002, 05:35 AM
It'd be cool if they had a voice recognition system like SOCOM: US Navy Seals, so you would have a headset, and you could talk to the people on the streets and the mob bosses and such... that would kick ass! Think of the possibilities... and the vulgar sentences you'd be saying!

Andi
May 30th, 2002, 05:38 AM
I like your little saying about the X-Box
LOL:laugh:

True True:phew:

Infernal Mass
May 30th, 2002, 07:54 PM
I'm going to reserve my copy tomorrow.

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/280416b.jpg
the demand for this title is going to be outrageously out of hand.

Andi
May 31st, 2002, 05:25 AM
Is this a good idea or what ?

When on foot ! you can shoot other driver's in the head !thus making the car crash at what eva speed it was going when you shot the driver!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mercury Shadow
May 31st, 2002, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Kabuki Magnifico

You can already reserve Vice City?? Does it even have a release date?

Andi
May 31st, 2002, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by Kabuki Magnifico

Can't w8t for this to hit the shelf's !!

When is it due for realese in the UK?

Anyone know?

Infernal Mass
May 31st, 2002, 09:44 AM
ETA: 10/08/02

yup you can preorder it now

Andi
May 31st, 2002, 01:12 PM
I is going to order mine tommorow!:phew:
Thanx man:peoples:

Infernal Mass
May 31st, 2002, 08:57 PM
that's the usa release date.

Andi
Jun 1st, 2002, 05:03 AM
Is it not the same date in the UK ??????
:peoples:

Infernal Mass
Jun 1st, 2002, 10:58 AM
not sure. i'd be guessing

but hey everyone check out the motorcycle on the upper right-hand corner,

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/280416b.jpg :D
i hope there's access to them on the new game.they'd be perfect for drive by missions & stunts

Andi
Jun 2nd, 2002, 05:37 AM
Can't W8t :laugh:

AsylumEscapee
Jun 2nd, 2002, 09:35 PM
My 2 suggestions are not only possible, (Unlike the going inside every building or the ability to BLOW them up.) but they would also help the game out a great deal.

1)The most annoying thing is when youre driving a fast car and another car switches lanes right in front of you. Cars will just drive right in front of you while youre speeding like mad. Real people would never do that. Theres 2 ways to fix this: Either fix the AI, or add BLINKERS to the game, OR BOTH! I thought the blinker idea was pretty sweet.

2)Car pop-up. Cars are drawn on the screen WAY after terrain and buildings. Thats odd. I would even suggest that they set the terrain view distance a bit closer just to allow cars to appear farther off. Or lowering their poly-count.

Hopefully GTA4 will use a new and better engine.

Andi
Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:18 AM
When cars stear in front of you it make's the game a bit harder !
Instead of being very easy !:disturb:

I think Rockstar made a good choice when they made the cars pull out in front of you !

& you say no one really pulls out in front of a speeding car !

But people don't go driving round like F**KING looney's Now do they?:peoples:

It all adds to the game play!!:laugh:

trunks69420
Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Andi

But people don't go driving round like F**KING looney's Now do they?:peoples:

It all adds to the game play!!:laugh:

True True, although you've never driven w/ me:laugh:

Andi
Jun 4th, 2002, 09:14 AM
Have you got a Radio Controlled Car:laugh:
lol :laugh:

trunks69420
Jun 5th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Have you got a Radio Controlled Car:laugh:
lol :laugh:

Tyco RC! ;)
No I have an 89 buick LeSabre

BlackThornn
Jun 5th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by AsylumEscapee

add BLINKERS to the game! I thought the blinker idea was pretty sweet.

This is a good idea. It would help a lot, and add even more realism to the game. Though not every car should use a blinker when it changes lanes, for the same realism effect, there are some real f*****g idiots out there who NEVER use blinkers.. those are the ones I want to slam into and ram into the ocean.

Andi
Jun 6th, 2002, 05:22 AM
It would be good if you could Have An instant Replay & film director !

Like the one on Driver :laugh:

But should be able to do it @ any time just press a button!;)

Beretta55
Jun 6th, 2002, 06:05 AM

But should be able to do it @ any time just press a button!;) that was a cool feature in driver.

trunks69420
Jun 6th, 2002, 11:13 AM

But should be able to do it @ any time just press a button!;)

Oh my god yes! I cant count how many times ive done something amazing that i tell my friends about and they never believe me!! This would be great if you could save the replay as well!

BlackThornn
Jun 6th, 2002, 01:24 PM
1 thing...

I don't care what era this is in.. KEEP THE BARRACKS OL! :D

I can't tell how much fun I've had just driving around in that seeing how many of the cars I hit do triple perfect insane stunts. :evil:

Andi
Jun 9th, 2002, 05:23 AM
The fire truck is the best For Raming other vechile's:laugh:

Andi
Jun 9th, 2002, 06:16 AM
I wonder if Vice City has all the cars that are on the first game !
Like the Cosworth ! :phew:

Andi
Jun 10th, 2002, 07:50 AM

Has anyone noticed that the Helicopter has gun's on the front of it?
Can't wait to have a go of this Baby!:laugh:

I bet that you can hover in the street's just shooting F*CK out of People & Cars

Sleazy P Martini
Jun 10th, 2002, 08:26 AM
There was a helicopter on the GTA3 box too. I wouldn't get too excited.

Andi
Jun 10th, 2002, 11:45 AM
I think they will have put in the helicopter to replace the Dodo
Wana have a Bet ?;)

trunks69420
Jun 10th, 2002, 12:22 PM
I think they will have put in the helicopter to replace the Dodo
Wana have a Bet ?;)

Im a poor bastard so i dont know about a bet, but this sure would be a good idea! The dodo is allright once you get used to it, but whenever i visit the airport, all i think about is using one of those damned copters!! I hope they're available in 4!!

Andi
Jun 11th, 2002, 04:27 AM
I'm sure that DMA & Rockstar will put them in! With all the people going on about "can u fly the Copter"

I can't see them putting in the Dodo Again !Unless they use both of them :laugh: