PDA

View Full Version : Ghost in the Shell.

happy_doughnut
May 25th, 2002, 12:52 AM
What's this anime about? Does anynody know?
I've heard many good things about it. Hmm...what do you guys think? Oh yeah, and do you know anywhere where I can get ahold of it or some CLIPS :D

Friza
May 25th, 2002, 01:50 AM
I know you can buy it at Anime Nation, adn Amazon.com

Qjij_jijQ
May 25th, 2002, 07:01 AM
Yeah, I heard some good things about it too...

Looks like it's really well done and all !
I'll tell you if I find a site where you can download clips of it.

Macceh^
May 25th, 2002, 08:57 AM
i have the dvd and its a great film very complex so if you like it liek that then its great. Simply if you loved Akira you will almost definitly like this. I can tell you some place to downlaod it off the record........

Cannibal Clown
May 25th, 2002, 10:33 AM
I love this movie. It is really cool, but only if you want to watch something where you actually have to pay attention and think while watching a movie. It's very complex and hard to undersdtand the first tiome watching it, so I suggest not seeing it while sleepy. The animation is awesome, and the story is deep. But if you're looking for a movie where there's a lot of action, don't bother, because although the action scenes are awesome, it's mainly a mystery suspence anime, more than an action adventure one. But it's still really cool, and everyone I know who's seen it thinks it's awesome.

But if you want to know something about it, I'm at a loss, it's too complicated to give you a summary that explains it well. Butb as a try, it's about a super hakker who can erase, and download false memory into peoples moinds, like the internet of human memories. He uses these brainwashed peoiple to serve his weill, in order to accomplish his objective. And the main character, along with most of the people in the show are robotic, with real human memories and brains and souls and stuff like that. It's really wierd, but worth while.

Dark Angel
May 25th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Hmm, I can't decide between Ghost in the Shell and Akira....GITS was really great, and I amazed myself by concentrating on it even at 3am in the morning and being very sleepy, but still what about Akira?

onizuka
May 28th, 2002, 09:20 PM
i HATE ghost in the shell. but i love akira. i say rent it b4 ya buy it. but eh do as you wish. its just ghost in the shell was so slow.

BowevelJoe
May 30th, 2002, 09:50 AM
ghost in the shell eh? It was really good, not the best anime movie ive ever seen, but it was pretty dern good. I suggest renting it before purchasing though, may not be your type o beverage...